[GUIDE]How to set your Minecraft skin at Mineshafter.info

Mudda Bacon

May 17, 2013, 6:15:34 AM5/17/13
to mines...@googlegroups.com
Here's step by step guide on how to set your own skin at Mineshafter.info. The reason why I posted this guide is because too many people are having problems with setting their own Minecraft skin.

  1. Register (if you don't have a Mineshafter account) or login (if you do have a Mineshafter account) at Mineshafter.info
  2. Make new tab and type in the search bar "Minecraft skins"
  3. When the results come up,click on the fourth link that says "Minecraft Skins | Download the best Minecraft Skins"
  4. Choose any Minecraft skin that you want and click on the "Download" button
  5. After the Minecraft skin has finished downloading, check your downloads folder and drag your Minecraft skin that you have just downloaded to Desktop (the desktop is where your Recycle Bin is)
  7. Click on "Choose file" and go to the Desktop directory
  8. Click on your Minecraft skin and click on the "Open" button
  9. Click on "Upload now!"
  10. Type in the text that you think the image says and then click on "Upload Now!"
  11. Copy the link below "Direct Link For Layouts" by highlighting the link and pressing both Ctrl and C
  13. Hover your mouse over your email address/Mineshafter username near the right-top corner
  14. Click on "Settings"
  15. Scroll down and paste the link into the bar on the right-hand side of "Skin URL" by pressing both Ctrl and V
  16. Click "Set" and scroll up if it says "Set"
  17. If it says "Set" now you can play Mineshafter/Minecraft with your awesome skin!
Additional Notes:
  • Never using Imageshack, Imgur or any other image sharing websites to do this. Only Tinypic!
  • If other Minecraft players can't see your skin, they're probably using MinecraftSP, Mineshafter Squared, playing offline on Minecraft or any other cracked Minecraft!

Hope fully this thread will be stickied so other people can see! Also, check out my skins that I made by click here.

mostididit

May 17, 2013, 9:21:00 AM5/17/13
to mines...@googlegroups.com

Hmm i want to add... Dont just post any minecraft problems to mineshafter...! We only can help with skins and website problems!!

I love çråftrêälms sërver

mc.craftrealms.com

Running ßeta 1.0.9.0.0.79 §ervice

mostididit

May 17, 2013, 9:42:43 AM5/17/13
to mines...@googlegroups.com

I can use websites such as minecraftskins.info !

We play çråftrêälms sërver

mc.craftrealms.com

Running ßeta 1.0.9.0.0.79 §ervice

NOTE:We are not related to mineshafter in any way! We are only helping on this group!

On May 17, 2013 6:15 PM, "Mudda Bacon" <mudda...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mudda Bacon

May 17, 2013, 11:39:33 PM5/17/13
to mines...@googlegroups.com

I don't really get what you're saying....

Mudda Bacon

May 17, 2013, 11:41:50 PM5/17/13
to mines...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully this thread will be stickied so other people can see! Also, check out my skins that I made by click here. If you have problems in following or doing this guide, please report it here!

mostididit

Adriel Timoteo

May 25, 2014, 1:42:32 AM5/25/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
why can't i set the skin?

Adriel Timoteo

May 25, 2014, 1:43:03 AM5/25/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
oh nevermind

Idham Danial

Jun 24, 2014, 10:44:47 PM6/24/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
not work.
work in imgur -,-

aditya harri S

Aug 25, 2014, 8:05:05 AM8/25/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
can mineshafter skin looked by other minecraft player

James Reynolds

Nov 26, 2014, 9:33:39 AM11/26/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
i tried that, but it never showed up on my mineshafter. I even tried several other different methods. PLEASE HELP!

Patrick Norman BerliandroAndro

Nov 27, 2014, 3:45:53 AM11/27/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
use wurst cheat and download 1.7.10 wurst and ull see it

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:33 PM, James Reynolds <munch0...@gmail.com> wrote:
i tried that, but it never showed up on my mineshafter. I even tried several other different methods. PLEASE HELP!

Patrick Norman BerliandroAndro

Nov 27, 2014, 3:49:33 AM11/27/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
how to place wurst? open mineshafter and klick edit profile and then klick open game dir
ull see version klick on it place the wurst folder on that folder
name the the 2 file rubix and klick on notepad one and name the id rubix
siple right

Message has been deleted

Sims Lover

Dec 5, 2014, 3:27:31 PM12/5/14
to mines...@googlegroups.com
I found a easier way

This only works with 1.7.5 and below

1:Open up Mozilla Firefox and go to http://www.minecraftskins.com/
2:Go and click the skin that you want
3:Now put your mouse over Download to Computer left click and click Copy Link Location
5:Paste your link, if you have a link already there just remove all of it and paste the link
6:Go to the launcher
7:Your skin should be there

Still confused? Go to this video where I saw this tutorial www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7iM_RN3if4

Samuel Acheampong

Mar 15, 2015, 1:12:49 PM3/15/15
to mines...@googlegroups.com
What is going with the mineshafter website now

Nur Yasmine

Mar 30, 2015, 11:04:11 AM3/30/15
to mines...@googlegroups.com
it doesnt say 'set'

Piyush Das

May 15, 2015, 4:01:23 PM5/15/15
to mines...@googlegroups.com
i did it it showed up on mineshafter but not in game HELP ME PLZ

Angelo Miguel Castillo

May 19, 2015, 12:13:00 AM5/19/15
to mines...@googlegroups.com
Tinypic? I get a Google Search, which one?

Balqis Zafirah

Jun 1, 2015, 10:37:43 AM6/1/15
to mines...@googlegroups.com
Does this work for 1.8+?

Maheswara Abhinaya

Nov 8, 2015, 6:02:00 AM11/8/15
to mineshafter
i already have a skin url and had it set since along time ago but since the alex skin came out my skin is only alex n i cant change it even tho i tried restarting my game and i still dont know how to make my skin show.

please help

The Mist 5

Nov 26, 2015, 7:54:56 PM11/26/15
to mines...@googlegroups.com
It only works for 1.7
I've been a slave of this Mineshafter too, I didn't know in the past

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Maheswara Abhinaya <maheswa...@gmail.com> wrote:
i already have a skin url and had it set since along time ago but since the alex skin came out my skin is only alex n i cant change it even tho i tried restarting my game and i still dont know how to make my skin show.

please help

ConsolePenguine '

May 16, 2016, 2:57:43 PM5/16/16
to mineshafter
Is there any easy way that works for 1.8 and higher? Ive been using ely.by for a while, but other people cant see my skin and only certain servers have the /skin set [USSERNAME] command

the Loch Ness Monster

May 29, 2016, 6:28:11 PM5/29/16
to mineshafter
Would this work if you have already been playing mineshafter with a username (ex: bob) and then log into mineshafter.info and set the username to bob? b/c i'm in that situation and i can't get my skin on it's still either steve or alex.

plus, how do you restart minecraft?

Hantick o

Jun 13, 2016, 2:27:56 PM6/13/16
to mineshafter
I have problem bcs i want to change skin from alex to steve how do i do it?

the Loch Ness Monster

Jul 8, 2016, 5:05:42 PM7/8/16
to mineshafter
+Rainbow Pepe what???????????????????

Gage Courie

Jul 15, 2016, 2:57:37 AM7/15/16
to mineshafter
I done everything you said, but when I save it always says that the skin url is not valid.

Luca Ranieri - Music

Jun 29, 2019, 7:50:09 AM6/29/19
to mineshafter

thanks @MuddaBacon... this post has helped im sick of getting banned from servers for using mineshafter most people dont know how to use skins on mineshafter