Shortcut through Nether to Taiga

Phil Rodrigues

Feb 1, 2014, 5:18:26 PM2/1/14
to minecra...@googlegroups.com
Doc and I did a few things. We tested the Portals and no matter what we do the return portal from the Keep always makes a new one in town. Be sure to break them.

The Eyes of Ender work great - right click activate one and it launches in the air and hovers in the direction of the Stronghold. That's a big adventure - we need to follow that as far as it takes until we find the Stronghold.

Our main accomplishment was going to the Taiga coordinates - its a very large swath of Taiga, surrounded by rivers and swamps. Be aware of the "Taiga Hills" in the middle, I don't think Wolves spawn there. We killed about 200 cows and chickens but didn't see any Wolves.

We created a shortcut through the Nether to the Taiga. Enter through the Keep, follow the lit path to the tall cobble pillars, then a short distance to a separate Nether Gate. It drops you in the Taiga next to the camp house full of food and leather and leads.

I think we need to hang out in the Taiga until we see wolves. When you spot one, attach a lead and bring it back (via the Overworld, I think). Kill anything that is not a wolf so the server keeps trying to spawn wolves.

We should also set up a shortcut to Jungle.

Phil Rodrigues

Feb 1, 2014, 7:14:31 PM2/1/14
to minecra...@googlegroups.com
OK, the portal from the Keep now goes to a new gate, the old gate was deactivated in a freak Ghast accident.

While in the Keep gate follow the sand signs to the old gate, then keep going past for the shortcut to Taiga. Its a one minute walk, maybe 90 seconds.

Rozyn dropped some beds in the Taige but, and we fortified it a bit. Many passive mods killed, no Wolves have appeared.

(Link I stole 2 diamonds from you for my new level 30 enchanted sword of Flaming Knock-back Extra Damage.)

Mike Linnetz

Feb 1, 2014, 7:56:10 PM2/1/14
to minecra...@googlegroups.com

Yes no problem.   I have more diamonds on the way.   Just finished a mining expedition,  haven't had time to drop them off in the warehouse yet.

Brian Stumm

Feb 2, 2014, 9:12:40 AM2/2/14
to minecra...@googlegroups.com
Dumped 26 Diamonds, more stacks of redstone, coal, and iron. Also a bit of gold.

Anyone get a Fortune enchantment of a pick yet?

Nathan Hand

Feb 2, 2014, 9:13:55 AM2/2/14
to minecra...@googlegroups.com

Any villagers care to turn some Redstone into Redstone blocks for me in the warehouse?

Mike Linnetz

Feb 2, 2014, 11:24:36 AM2/2/14
to minecra...@googlegroups.com

Likewise,  I dropped my gold and diamonds in the warehouse.

matt plourde

Feb 2, 2014, 12:21:44 PM2/2/14
to minecra...@googlegroups.com
Dropped off all my wolves and cats... Wait.
Matthew C. Plourde