Want to contribute new skeleton

acc...@gralak.org

Jan 14, 2015, 4:43:19 AM1/14/15
to mimo...@googlegroups.com
I want to use Durandal on my new projects, therefore I looked for available skeletons. I found the interesting one "durandal-foundation-noalmond", however I want to customize it a little bit for my favorite technologies. So I forked original skeleton and start applying changes:

I have replaced handlebars with jade for server side (express)

The problem:
I wanted to use also jade for partial views, therefore I have included mimosa-jade module. When I started mimosa watch with -D option I see that the test.jade file is located correctly and some work is done. However at the end jade module spits the error:

ERROR - Dependency :/Users/exsilium122/skeleton/public/javascripts/vendor/jade-runtime, inside file public\javascripts\templates.js, cannot be found.

I am new in javascript/mimosa world therefore it might be something simple. The jade view should be compiled to html file. Then the html file should be available in public folder to be fetched by requirejs during development. For production build file should be combined with all other requirejs dependencies.

If you skip jade and use plain html files as assets everything is done correctly.

The new skeleton work in progress is available here:

https://github.com/Exsilium122/Durandal-Bootstrap-No-Almond-Mimosa-Skeleton

Once I finish first version I will contribute it to Mimosa.

Feel free to checkout and help me in you courtesy.

acc...@gralak.org

Jan 14, 2015, 5:34:16 AM1/14/15
to mimo...@googlegroups.com, acc...@gralak.org
I have solved the problem. My mistake was to use only "jade" module. What I needed was "mimosa-client-jade-static". Once I added that module and configured it everything started working as expected.

https://github.com/dbashford/mimosa-client-jade-static

dbashford

Jan 14, 2015, 10:38:58 AM1/14/15
to mimo...@googlegroups.com, acc...@gralak.org
Awesome stuff!  Glad you got that figured out.

When you have the skeleton ready, just submit a PR to the skelmimosa project updating the registry with your skeleton's details.  https://github.com/dbashford/skelmimosa/blob/master/registry.json