What is ACA (American Canine Association)

hydrangea8

Feb 8, 2010, 11:22:42 AM2/8/10
to Manners In Minutes Dog Training: Using the Q-collar
I read an article in my local paper about an ACA sponsored dog show in
a nearby town. I was curious if this was one of those made-up
registries. If so, I wonder why people want to show in conformation
so their dog can be an ACA champion?

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_038220200.html

Brooke

Rubyanna Skrede

Feb 8, 2010, 11:38:36 AM2/8/10
to Manners In Minutes Dog Training: Using the Q-col
Because Brooke, many people are becoming disenchanted with the established venues.

AKC, UKC, ACA, APR.......they are after all just a bunch of letters for different organizations that keep records on dogs registered with them.

Also some people believe the more titles with the more registries the better.

So,.....let them all go have fun I guess.

Quansa's Nanny **************************************** Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

> Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 08:22:42 -0800
> Subject: What is ACA (American Canine Association)
> From: br...@whiterocksw.com
> To: mim-dog-training-...@googlegroups.com

Sara Peterka

Feb 8, 2010, 11:55:37 AM2/8/10
to mim-dog-training-...@googlegroups.com

I have shown at the AKC, UKC, and IABCA.  I have seen APR champions that were not good examples of the breed.  ACA is not a prestigous registry, and I wonder about the quality of the judging.

When people advertise "champion bred" puppies, it makes the puppies worth more.  Most people aren't smart enough to ask which organization the championship is from...and most people are not educated in canine structure to determine if the puppy has good structure on their own.

If you go, have fun, enjoy the day, socialize your dog...but any titles earned or not earned should be taken with a grain of salt.  If the competition is good and the judge is knowledgeable, then good, if not, then you know better for next time.

Sara