Borrowing tools?

rchlmtchll

Apr 4, 2018, 2:59:00 PM4/4/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I was wondering what our policy on borrowing tools is. I have a floor that has some (6) bolts that need to be ground down. Only a few minutes from the space. Would this be alright to take it from the space for a half hour or so?

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 4, 2018, 3:09:31 PM4/4/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

https://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/faq#am_i_allowed_to_borrow_tools_and_take_them_out_of_the_building

Am I allowed to borrow tools and take them out of the building?

At times, members may need to borrow a tool for offsite use to complete a project. While MMS does not want to have tools unavailable constantly, the following guidelines are asked to be followed in the rare case that a member does need to borrow a tool:

  1. Tools can only be borrowed for member use only and should not be given to guests or non-members.
  2. Small tools and hand tools only are to be borrowed (examples: hand drill, saws, clamps, hand truck, etc.).
  3. The member should ask the Area Champion before borrowing the tool.
  4. The member should post on the members-only Google Group noting which item is being borrowed and the anticipated amount of time it will be in use.
  5. If the anticipated length of time the tool will be borrowed for increases, the member should update the members-only Google Group and the Area Champion.
  6. If the tool is returned damaged or the tool is not returned, the Board of Directors will have the discretion to hold the member accountable for the cost of repair/replacement.
  7. Tools should be returned to the space as soon as possible and the tool should not be borrowed for more than 7 days.

If you have questions or concerns about borrowing a tool, please see an Area Champion or Board Member.

Dan Jonke

Apr 4, 2018, 3:10:49 PM4/4/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
The space's official policy is here:

https://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/faq#am_i_allowed_to_borrow_tools_and_take_them_out_of_the_building

I'm not sure which tool you are referring to. "It" was left ambiguous in
your original request. If you wanted to borrow one of the angle grinders for
a half hour, that is fine with me.

Dan Jonke
Welding Area Champion
--

---

rchlmtchll

Apr 4, 2018, 3:44:24 PM4/4/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Thanks! I will be using a metal grinder today if possible. From 3-4 at the absolute latest.

rocky53204 .

Apr 4, 2018, 5:47:13 PM4/4/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Wear gloves and safety glasses please.