Jump shear

Tom Gralewicz

Mar 9, 2018, 3:51:04 PM3/9/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I have a line on a 36" jump shear, it might go up to 12GA but I won't know until I  see it.

It belongs to the electrician who helps the space out and he is willing to do some horse trading for it.

Steve P. Was going to create a cad drawing of his building then the city said they didn't need it, but he says he would still like it.  Steve?

He has an old lathe he wants to get up and running, mostly he needs some tooling and someone to clean it up and make sure it works.  We should have a spare quick change tool post I bought for the Harbor Freight lathe that might be nice for him.  Anyone want to donate a little time to his lathe?

I actually plan on picking up his shear today and can drop it at the space, I'll send a 2nd e-mail to the board to get approval.

Tom

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Steve Pilon

Mar 9, 2018, 3:57:43 PM3/9/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Tom,

He actually decided to hold off for now.

I think a shear would be useful for the space.

Tom Gralewicz

Mar 9, 2018, 4:20:55 PM3/9/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
​Steve, I just talked to him and he would be happy to swap the drawings for part of the shear.

Tom

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

--

---

Steve Pilon

Mar 9, 2018, 4:28:57 PM3/9/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Alright sure, I would need someone to come with me and hold the other end of the tape measure, maybe Jake??

Pete Prodoehl

Mar 9, 2018, 4:31:41 PM3/9/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

We don't have a laser tape measure!?

On 3/9/18 3:28 PM, Steve Pilon wrote:
> Alright sure, I would need someone to come with me and hold the other
> end of the tape measure, maybe Jake??

Steve Pilon

Mar 9, 2018, 4:40:49 PM3/9/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
You'll still need someone to hold a target.

Steve Pilon

Mar 9, 2018, 4:41:32 PM3/9/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I have a long tape measure, its much more accurate.