Laser Cutter Help Needed

Jonathan Lin

Apr 19, 2018, 9:11:02 PM4/19/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I'm trying to get back into laser cutting but I'm having some trouble. Does anyone know why this is happening? I drew a circle in Inkscape with a 0.001 inch line thickness in a 24x18 inch page size then exported the file as a PDF and tried to cut it on the V-460. Thanks in advance!
20180418_215154.jpg

Jonathan Lin

Apr 19, 2018, 9:12:25 PM4/19/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I just realized that my image is rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. The shift is in the x direction and I tried it at multiple areas of the cutter bed.

Isaac Salapat

Apr 19, 2018, 10:49:55 PM4/19/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Looks to me like the track may be dirty or one of the belts is slipping, although that doesn’t really explain why it is happening in different areas on the bed.

--

---

Tony

Apr 19, 2018, 11:11:12 PM4/19/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
The Z sensor was dirty enough that it was constantly activated, but the tracks were fine and the bearings are tight.  I heard that you installed the laser driver on your laptop.  If you haven't already, try printing the design from Adobe Acrobat/Reader on one of the lab computers to make sure that it isn't a driver problem.  Your kerf looks a little wide.  Is it possible that the cone wasn't aligned?  Other vector prints were working fine tonight.

 - Tony

Jonathan Lin

Apr 20, 2018, 8:03:27 AM4/20/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I sent the file onto the makervault in under my name and tried cutting it on the computer closest to the cutter. It turned out the exact same way. I think it's probably something to do with my inkscape settings, but I have no idea where to start troubleshooting now.