Indiegogo Launch - EQ line of LED horticulture light fixtures

Chris Ruhland

Aug 22, 2017, 7:22:19 PM8/22/17
to milwaukeemakerspace

Hi All-

For the past year I have been developing the EQ line of LED horticulture light fixtures at PS:One, a hackerspace in Chicago, with fellow PS:One member Andy Sowa.  Together we formed Faust Lighting and are now ready to begin production.  We are excited to be launching our product on Indiegogo next week!  I figured I would share this post with the Milwaukee Makerspace because there may be fellow horticulture enthusiasts that would find this project interesting.

Faust Lighting was formed because, despite significant LED advances in general lighting, there was a lack of affordable, smart, programmable LED solutions for plant growth.  We used our years of lighting design experience to produce the EQ line of LED horticulture light fixtures. The EQ-1, EQ-2, and EQ-3 fixtures provide a range of applications from simple on/off lighting to advance wireless control, in a beautiful walnut trim.

Urban agriculture is an exciting new field but it needs help to mature.  We think the EQ series is a step in the right direction to improving the industry one fixture at a time.  As a company, we want to push the envelope of design and technology to improve the lives of our users.  It's going to take all of us to make it a reality.

The resources and community at our local hackerspace were extremely helpful with prototyping and troubleshooting during our early development process.  Now that we are ready to launch, we are reaching out to other hackerspace/makerspace communities to help us spread the word about our upcoming Indiegogo campaign.  We’ll be sending out a link to our Indiegogo campaign once it goes live next week.

Share a link to our campaign on social media, blogs, or your website and we'll reward you for any campaign purchases that originated from your link!  You'll earn a $10 credit for your first 10 referral purchases, and a $15 credit for any subsequent referral purchases.  Don't forget to use the Indiegogo share tools!  Without using these tools to generate your unique link, we won't know that you are the source of the referrals.  Credits will be deducted from your own perk purchase(s).

If you cannot contribute towards the campaign, but still want to help us reach our campaign goal, you can still participate in the referral rewards program and earn cash!  In order to receive cash for referrals, we’ll need to connect offline.  If you are interested in boosting us with referrals and prefer cash instead of perk credit, reply privately to this message.

More product info and photos can be found on our website and social media pages:

https://faustlighting.com/

https://www.facebook.com/faustlighting

https://twitter.com/faustlighting

https://www.instagram.com/faustlighting/