What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2017-10-09 edition]

remmin...@2xlnetworks.net

Oct 9, 2017, 9:55:04 AM10/9/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

This is a message from reMMinderbot.

Makers! It's time to share... what have you been hacking on or making?

been keeping you busy, either at the space or elsewhere.

reMMinderbot thanks you!

Pete Prodoehl

Oct 9, 2017, 11:03:15 AM10/9/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

More documentation of the things I made for Maker Faire:

    http://rasterweb.net/raster/2017/10/06/the-noisemakers-part-iii/

    http://rasterweb.net/raster/2017/10/09/the-noisemakers-part-iv/

More progress on my DecaLight project:

    http://rasterweb.net/raster/2017/10/02/decagon-light-part-iii/

Which fails after about an hour of running... I'm going to switch to solid state relays to see if that solves the problem.

Pete

Ellen Fulton

Oct 9, 2017, 11:28:46 AM10/9/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on a big room in my basement, painting every surface. It used to look basement-y, but painting the pipes and floor make a big difference. Also, I built a bench seat, and the doors on it are cut down pieces from a five-panel door taken out of service in a prior renovation. The door cutting was done at MMS, which I couldn't have done without Wolfgang and Kyle -- so thanks, guys!

I have one small area left (basically the spot where I did the carpentry), but I'm really happy with how things have turned out.

Before: basement-y

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Sam Laturi

Oct 10, 2017, 11:29:52 AM10/10/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome work. What a great creative area you've made!

Sam
StormCloak Forge
--

---

Kent Shook

Oct 11, 2017, 2:39:34 PM10/11/17
to milwaukeemakerspace
I made a pseudo-vintage pulley lamp:

Bonus: It's featured in the Home Decorating area of Instructables.

Ellen Fulton

Oct 11, 2017, 4:25:29 PM10/11/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Very nice!