Bending brake and shear

gstilin

Mar 28, 2018, 10:02:49 AM3/28/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I am on the lookout for a 48" bending (pan) brake and shear (maybe a combination machine) for the space.  Other metal shop members thought a machine that had capacity to 16 ga would be about right.  I'd be willing to donate the bulk of the cost of the machine, we just have to find one.
This machine would enable all members to create sheet metal projects, parts, covers, boxes, etc.  It would work in concert with the sheet metal rolling machine we already have.
Greg

Mathew Melk (BOD At-Large)

Mar 29, 2018, 2:14:44 AM3/29/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Greg there have been numerous members that have expressed interest in getting another brake at the space. We used to have a Finger Brake capable of 18 and thinner that was owned by a member that left the space. This member needed it at their own shop and took it home. There is a great interest in getting a replacement lately. A 16 or 14ga capable brake would do most of what many members are looking for. We are in the process of trying to acquire a shear... It is in the east room broken due to a member not following the rules of the space.  We would very much like to see the advanced projects done in sheet metal with these great tools! Members must remember the rules of the space... just follow rules one and 2 any the rest are very easy!

If you are looking to setup a donations page please contact the BOD to get something on the WIKI to track donations. I myself would gladly donate $20 towards a Shear or Brake to help improve the space as I personally think it is a very useful tool even if I never actually use it.

Mathew Melk
Milwaukee Makerspace Board Of Directors