Broken Orbital Sander

Thomas Duffy

Jan 7, 2018, 7:36:42 PM1/7/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I went to use the Bosch Sander and the part that holds the sandpaper flew right off. I'm not sure what I did incorrectly.
Very sorry about this.
I left it on the bench by the other palm sanders.

Shane T.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:39:09 PM1/7/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
We really need to allocate funds for velcro sanders.

Seriously. I say this as someone who both owns one for personal use and uses many of them at work.

I remember at the old 'Space, all we had were the ones with the clips for normal sandpaper and at any given time, one might be working up until a part flew off. :D

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 8, 2018, 10:28:08 AM1/8/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Would these be for the wood shop?

Supposedly they have over $1500 to spend on things.

Pete
--

---

Steve Pilon

Jan 8, 2018, 12:38:58 PM1/8/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Ok thanks for letting us know, these sanders are pretty cheap so if we need another one I'll go pick one up.

Harvey Matyas

Jan 8, 2018, 5:13:53 PM1/8/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Steve

Don't we have 2 Festool sanders under the miter saw?
Also, what happened to the Festool vacuum hose, it connected to the shopvacs?

Harvey

Steve Pilon

Jan 10, 2018, 11:47:23 AM1/10/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Yeah we do have the FesTool sanders but I dont like them up for general use, most people just want to use a normal sander. If the normal sander gets broken its $40 if the festool gets broke its $300.