Local PCB prototyping

David Webber

Apr 23, 2014, 12:08:43 PM4/23/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a local PCB manufacturer where I could get few small prototype 2-layer surface mount boards made?  We've been trying to use the laser cutter, but it seems to be not working out.

Thanks,
David

Adam Cohen

Apr 23, 2014, 12:12:44 PM4/23/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
this place is in madison

http://www.prairiedigital.com/

--

---

Royce Pipkins

Apr 23, 2014, 12:15:53 PM4/23/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
OSH Park is sort of the go-to source for very small size, low quantity, orders because they batch your board with other to make full panels and have the volume necessary to interest US based PCB guys. You may find that, on your own, local PCB guys will want a pretty significant setup charge.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM, David Webber <david....@gmail.com> wrote:

--

---

The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.
B. F. Skinner

Jerry HM

Apr 23, 2014, 4:52:55 PM4/23/14
to milwauke maker space
Curious as to the reason for 'local'?  (just to keep things in the US? or shipping/wait times?)

Anyways.. OSH park has VERY good quality in my opinion..

but if you can wait a few weeks..  "I" believe it to be cheaper to use on the chinese places..

iTead
SEEED
Elecrow

I have tried them all and all have worked well.   I think iTead had the best quality of all..  Elecrow was cheapest with free color too..  and quality was 'close' to iTead as well  (I have read they all use the same place?)

but for me $10.00 for 10pcb was a good deal...  (I didnt need them in a rush)

From: royce....@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:15:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [MakerSpace] Local PCB prototyping
To: milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Royce Pipkins

Apr 23, 2014, 7:33:49 PM4/23/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
OSH Park can be cheaper and faster for very small boards. OSH prices per a square inch whereas iTead has prices based on size limits. e.g. 5cm x 5cm or less, 10cm x 10 cm or less. You should price out both.

David Webber

Joshua Zimmerman

Apr 27, 2014, 5:22:17 AM4/27/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
OHS Park.  USA (local in the global sense).  Fast.  Cheap.  Easy to use website.

I use them frequently.