Elkhorn Mini Maker Faire

Karen Pauli

Jan 22, 2018, 9:20:08 AM1/22/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I need help.

It looks from their site like the (real) Wienermobile will be making an appearance.   This would be the perfect event to take our Wienermobile to, but the only way that would happen is if someone came up with a trailer hitch for my truck and a small flatbed trailer with a ramp.  Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.  So the next best thing would be some great pictures to put out along with the awards we've won.  Pete, there are some great photos on the website you took of Junior sitting in front of Big Brother, but I can't seem to print any out.  Could you print me out a nice 8.5x11 of our champion?  Doesn't have to be a photo print, color Xerox is fine.

John (or anyone else), have you got any good photos of Daliks?  Since I can't bring the real thing, photos would be great.

Does anyone else have any interesting tabletop projects that they'd let me take with to display?  It should be something that won't be easily damaged if it gets handled;  it seems I'm running this booth by myself and my attention can't be everywhere at once.  The more variety we can show off, the better.  There are a few things we can still find from the display table, but more is better.

Is there a large Makerspace sign or banner I can take?  Anyone know where it is?

Any possibility of getting a poster for the next Maker Faire Milwaukee?  I was going to grab one of last year's and change the dates, but the knight on the bicycle would be so cool...

Thanks!

Karen Pauli

Jan 22, 2018, 9:57:38 AM1/22/18
to milwaukeemakerspace

By the way, they are taking up a collection of items for a local animal shelter at this event.  Food, leashes, blankets and towels, un-scented dish soap or laundry soap, etc.  If you would like to donate to this cause, I would be glad to take your donation down there for you (and I PROMISE I won't keep any of the catfood for myself!)  I'm leaving VERY early this coming Saturday morning.

Pete Prodoehl

Jan 22, 2018, 11:37:47 AM1/22/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Check with Kathy or Kyle, they were talking about taking the lil'
Wienermobile there...

I think Maker Faire Milwaukee will be represented, so don't worry about
promoting it...

We've got a large banner around, maybe in the Power Wheels area (though
we have two large ones, just not sure where they are right now.)

Do you have room for a Dalek head?

Pete

Karen Pauli

Jan 22, 2018, 3:13:32 PM1/22/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I could make room in the car for a Dalek head.  Question is; how heavy is it and can I lift it?  I'll talk to John.