Makerspace Wifi

Adam Cohen

Aug 24, 2016, 1:18:16 PM8/24/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Heyo.

Can anyone tell me if the makerspace is wired with access points? and if so how many?  I want to do some connectivity testing with my wireless system.

Thanks,

Adam.

Dan Jonke

Aug 24, 2016, 2:16:28 PM8/24/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Yes,

I believe there are 3 active in the building at the moment. It’s a hodgepodge of donated equipment, so they each have a separate SSID. There’s not one overreaching wifi network spanning the building.

-Dan
--

---

ChrisH

Aug 24, 2016, 3:47:12 PM8/24/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
It's definitely more than three.

We have the following that I'm aware of:
(1) in the IT closet; (1) in the electronics lab; (1) in the East room, (1) in the West room, and (1) in the vault hallway.

Electronics lab is a gifted/eval AP from Cisco (Meraki MR18); its license expires 7/10/2017;
IT Closet, East Room, and West room are various units from Tony.
Vault hallway is a Cisco WAP4410N.

I'd love for MMS to grab a handful (6ish should be plenty) of Ubiquiti gear. The units I'd recommend are Unifi AP AC Pro's, and run about $100 a pop.

-Chris