Caliper Trade In Deal - IMTS

james4875

Sep 13, 2016, 11:39:07 PM9/13/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
If anyone is going to IMTS - I found out Mahr is exchanging digital calipers for a new Mahr.
http://www.mahrexactly.com/sites/default/files/caliper_redemption_coupon_final.pdf (You don't have to fill out the coupon if you let them scan your badge).
I took my beater from work (Mitutoyo with broken anvils I got for $5 at a flea market).  Gave me a brand new Mahr. I actually got up early and drove to work to get it (found out after work yesterday).  Paid off!
The lady that took mine barely looked at it.  Might get away with trading in a Harbor Freight or similar knock-off if somebody wants to do a bit of a scam.  Worst they can do is laugh at you and flash a dirty look.
Technically, they should be Starret, Mitutoyo, B&S, or Sylac brands (their competitors).
The space has a lot of junk calipers in the machine shop for general use.  Please ask someone knowledgeable so you don't accidentally trade off a good one if it's not in your core skills.

If you were to buy these, they run for $150-200 FYI.

The Fool

Sep 14, 2016, 10:52:37 AM9/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a great deal!