60 watt laser printer

stevegutschow

Apr 5, 2018, 2:00:29 AM4/5/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
The 60 watt laser printer "z" axis lost its calibration.
On the 2nd attempt to focus the z the machine went all the way down.
Thanks,
 Steve

Custom Processing Unlimited

Apr 5, 2018, 2:47:59 AM4/5/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Switch to manual for the time being. One of the area champions should chime in tomorrow about fixing it.

--

---

Ellen Fulton

Apr 5, 2018, 12:14:26 PM4/5/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I cleaned it and vacuumed out dust and such, and it’s working fine now.

One thing I’ve noticed with the automatic z is that the table struggles to move up and when it’s weighted too much. So while it’s hard to get an exact z when your material has warping (like 1/8” Baltic birch often does), it might be better to not weight it down with the auto z and then tweak manually after you weight down the corners.

Also, please clean the air assist cone when you’re cleaning off the table. Even when the table is cleaned, that cone inevitably looks like it’s been used to make s’mores.

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to milwaukeemakers...@googlegroups.com.

Brant

Apr 5, 2018, 12:23:23 PM4/5/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Thanks for cleaning and fixing it!

Gregory Rothe

Apr 5, 2018, 9:17:41 PM4/5/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I have some simple parts I want to make on the Bridgeport or Tormack and need help writing the G-Code.  Is carl still giving his classes on Mondays?

Gregory Rothe
groth...@aol.com

Sean Derby

Apr 5, 2018, 9:23:44 PM4/5/18
to 'Gregory Rothe' via milwaukeemakerspace
Was there this week... He said every Maonday.  Great stuff

--

---

Steve Gutschow

Apr 7, 2018, 12:32:00 PM4/7/18