Harddrive adapter SATA 7+15 pin

jmacnel

Jun 13, 2016, 11:32:00 AM6/13/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I have a computer that stopped booting up, so I wanted to transfer the HD to an external HD, but I don't have the right adapter. Does anyone have one of those I could try to see if the HD is functioning? The adapter looks like https://www.amazon.com/Sata-Cable-Lumsing-2-5-Inch-Optimized/dp/B01CV855BC/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1465830365&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=serial+ata+adapter&psc=1

Thanks,
Josh

Markus Schneider

Jun 13, 2016, 11:42:27 AM6/13/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I have a Inateck USB 3.0 Dual docking station for bare SATA 2.5 and 3.5 HDDs. You can use it to either read one or two discs on your computer or directly copy one on to the other. I have used it specifically to recover some hard drives that couldn’t be recognized on my computer. It has its own power supply so one less thing that can go wrong. I can bring it in today and leave it in my shelf GA202. It’s in the east room  by Willies boat towards the wall second from the bottom. It has some Plastic rods sticking out and two wooden shelves built in.

Markus

--

---

Josh Nelson

Jun 13, 2016, 12:02:16 PM6/13/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Markus, thank you! However, I looked a little closer at my old adapter I have, and found the box with the extra connector I needed, so I now have a working adapter. You can keep your adapter at home, thanks.

Josh

Markus Schneider

Jun 13, 2016, 1:04:50 PM6/13/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Ok I’ll take it back home J

hal

Jun 15, 2016, 10:19:24 PM6/15/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I see your problem is fixed! Just for future reference, I donated a maxwell sata and IDE to usb to the space about a month ago. It should be near the laptops and computer repair parts.