Heat transfer

Kayla Schroeder

May 18, 2016, 8:54:47 PM5/18/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
anyone know how todo heat transfer on tee shirts? and willing to walk me through a demo this weekend?

Thanks,

Kayla Schroeder
Milwaukee, WI

Keith McMillan (MMS Board Secretary)

May 19, 2016, 9:23:26 AM5/19/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
We're discussing having a screen printing class as part of space improvement day on Sunday June 5. Still coordinating that with the screen printing area champions. It's not heat transfer tho.

Thanks,
Keith

---------
Keith McMillan
Secretary - Milwaukee Makerspace Board

--

---

Karen Pauli

May 19, 2016, 11:23:44 PM5/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I was just working with some iron-on transfers.  I'm not sure if I'll be in this weekend, but we can work something out.  Check the directions on your transfer paper.  Some work best with 100% synthetic, some with cotton-poly blends.  Some tell you to pre-wash the item you're transferring onto.  You will also need a smooth board, particleboard, or masonite a little larger than the transfer for ironing on.

Karen Pauli

May 20, 2016, 8:22:14 PM5/20/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I can be there Sunday afternoon and evening for sure, and Maybe Saturday afternoon and evening

Karen Pauli

May 22, 2016, 8:58:18 PM5/22/16
to milwaukeemakerspace

It's Sunday evening, and I'm here now.

hal

May 24, 2016, 6:52:44 PM5/24/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
We have a heat press now that just showed up in the screen printing area. I'm not sure where it came from, but I'll bring it up in the meeting tonight. I'm pretty verse in vinyl heat transfers, and depending on the size you want to do, the vinyl is pretty cheap and can be cut with our vinyl cutter. I'll be talking with pete at the meeting tonight and we'll be figuring it out.

hal

May 29, 2016, 3:21:54 PM5/29/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Our vinyl heat press is fully functional and ready to go! I can show you have to use it next Sunday if you can come before space improvement day.