3D print job for nonmembers?

Taylor Smith

Jul 11, 2016, 11:07:49 PM7/11/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Hi all -

I'm working on a birthday gift for a friend and had a 3D print I ordered cancel last minute. Would anyone at the makerspace be willing to do a small print job for a non-member? I'm obviously willing to pay for materials and labor.

I think the model should be print-ready already. It's one of those Pokemon planters, the "low-poly Oddish"; the STL is available creative commons from Thingiverse and a couple other places. (I'll post the link later as my phone is fighting me.)

The model is a bit smaller than a 7x7x7cm cube. I don't care about PLA vs ABS, but blue would be nice if possible. Though beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway let me know if anyone's able to do this in the next couple days and how much. And if this is against any rules sorry! Love what you guys do and wish we were in the area more often.

Jessica / Taylor

the_digital_dentist

Jul 12, 2016, 7:36:21 AM7/12/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I can run that print for you for a small donation to the makerspace 3D printing fund.  Can you send a link to the Thingiverse file?
When do you need it?

Taylor Smith

Jul 12, 2016, 3:18:12 PM7/12/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Awesome thanks!

I think this one is slightly nicer but that comes as 3 separate models, so if it's simpler to print a single blob, there's this one too, which is perfectly fine.

We would need it by Friday evening (though sooner is even cooler and one of us can swing by the space any night this week).

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions or troubles.

Taylor Smith

Jul 14, 2016, 9:56:10 PM7/14/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Just checking in - were you still able to do this? If not I'll order it online again.

Cheers!

the_digital_dentist

Jul 14, 2016, 10:42:17 PM7/14/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I'll be at the space tomorrow morning and should be able to run it then...

Taylor Smith

Jul 15, 2016, 4:46:39 PM7/15/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Awesome! Let me know how it goes/went.

If you're not around when we swing by, is there an obvious spot for the donations? Or will folks there know where the money should go?

the_digital_dentist

Jul 15, 2016, 5:16:17 PM7/15/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
It is finished. I didn't have enough blue filament so I used yellow. You can paint it if necessary.

I will be at the space until about 5pm. I will leave the part with other people and let them know they should expect you.