Happy Mother's Day!

integritylawnlandscaping

May 13, 2018, 1:29:52 AM5/13/18
to milwaukeemakerspace

Happy Mother’s to the most important makers of all… the wonderful women who make human beings. Thank you for putting up with kids like me!

I heard this story 20 years ago. I am not religious at all and every time I think of it or tell it to someone I get teary eyed and choked up. You don’t have to be religious to appreciate how true it is. I believe it is a short literary masterpiece…

A child preparing to be born asked God,

“They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?”

God answered, “Among the many angels, I chose one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you.”

The child paused and again addressed God. “But tell me, here in Heaven, I don’t do anything else but sing and smile, that’s enough for me to be happy.”

“Your angel will sing for you and also smile for you every day and you will feel your angel’s love and be happy,” God replied.

“Oh,” the child said, “and how am I going to be able to understand the language that men speak?” And then, glancing at God the child asked, “What am I going to do when I want to talk to you?”

God softly touched the child on the head and said, “Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.”

The child then asked, “I have heard that on earth there is evil. Who will protect me?”

“Ah,” God answered, “your angel will defend you even if it means risking her own life.”

“But, I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.”

“Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way for you to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you.” God said.

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard, and the child in a hurry asked softly, “Oh, God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel’s name.”

Sweetly, God looked at the child and whispered, “Your angel’s name is of no importance.

You will simply call her MOM.”

~ Author Unknown ~

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rik the Handsomest Landscaper in all the land!? Banners DON’T rock, BUT MOMS DO!!!