What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2018-04-16 edition]

remmin...@2xlnetworks.net

Apr 16, 2018, 9:55:04 AM4/16/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

This is a message from reMMinderbot.

Makers! It's time to share... what have you been hacking on or making?

been keeping you busy, either at the space or elsewhere. And, include
a photo if you can!

reMMinderbot thanks you!

the_digital_dentist

Apr 16, 2018, 10:09:06 AM4/16/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
I measured the glass edge grinder/sander for stained glass, made a model of it then designed and printed a grid to fit:

We'll find out if it actually fits on Tuesday...

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 16, 2018, 1:12:57 PM4/16/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I made some modifications to my extruder to print TPU:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BhgzQrLgCKz/

And then I printed some TPU:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BhiNeC5AiLI/

And now I'm experimenting with some new mold making techniques:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BhnRD7wgmRD/

I also went to Kenilworth Open Studios:

http://rasterweb.net/raster/2018/04/15/kenilworth-open-studios-2018/

Where I saw awesome things, talked to awesome people, and reminded two
members to vote...

And then I saw that Hackaday picked up my post about casting a bolt as
the "Fail of the Week":

https://hackaday.com/2018/04/15/fail-of-the-week-casting-a-bolt-in-a-3d-printed-mold/

And then I made someone a wireless button by jamming a wireless mouse
inside of an existing enclosure with a large button on top. (Sorry, no
link for that!)

Pete