Laser Cutter Power Supply

Pete Prodoehl

Jun 13, 2016, 9:59:14 PM6/13/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

This is a long shot, but does anyone know what value MF72 Inrush Current
Limiter might be used on a laser cutter power supply?

(I think Tom G. has replaced a few laser cutter power supplies in his time!)

Pete

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 14, 2016, 9:14:48 AM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
You have a bit of variability in the value you use.  Are you replacing a blown one or adding it to keep from tripping a circuit breaker?

What is the rating on the power supply?

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Pete

Pete Prodoehl

Jun 14, 2016, 11:02:36 AM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Trying to track that down now...

It's for a G Weike 90 watt laser cutter.

Pete

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 14, 2016, 11:17:57 AM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Did one in the unit burn up or are you trying to add one to stop it from blowing fuses?

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Pete Prodoehl

Jun 14, 2016, 11:22:49 AM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

It blew up so bad the limiter crumbled and we couldn't even read the markings on it! The power supply will not power on without it.

We've got a new one on order, and the plan is to open that one and get the specs from it (assuming it's the same) so we can replace it. But I was also hoping we could figure it out before the new one arrived to get up and running quicker.

Pete

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 14, 2016, 11:44:25 AM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I have one at the space that will likely work.  How sure are you that that's the only problem?

Tom

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Pete Prodoehl

Jun 14, 2016, 12:17:26 PM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Fairly unsure at this point... I mean, the power supply stopped working, we opened it up, found a destroyed component, and that was about it.

We did see the fan try to spin occasionally, but when the "test" button was pressed the LED power indicator did not light up.

Pete

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 14, 2016, 1:13:02 PM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Can you bring the power supply to the space sometime?

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Pete Prodoehl

Jun 14, 2016, 1:59:11 PM6/14/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Yes... probably not this week, but maybe next week.

thanks!

Pete