Tour Request for Urban Ecology Center's Little Engineering Campers

Miguel Santos

Jun 5, 2018, 11:54:18 AM6/5/18
to milwaukeemakerspace

Hi there,

I am one of the environmental educators at the Urban Ecology Center. This non-profit organization mainly aims at connecting children and their families to Nature. For the past 2 years, we have been doing some engineering sessions for our Summer Camps at our Menomonee Valley branch, and they have been very successful and popular. Among other things, we have been building tree houses and “Huckleberry Finn rafts”. Here you can check out one of their projects, in case you guys are curious: https://youtu.be/g4_IGdH_b3c

I am reaching out to you to know whether we would be able to take a tour of the space and/or maybe make a little craft for them there on the morning or afternoon of June 26th or 27th (Tuesday or Wednesday), please. We would take 2 adults and no more than twelve 8-10 year old campers. If it works out, we would be available either 10:30 am – Noon or Noon – 3:00 pm

I took my two toddlers to your past open house in winter, and it was AMAZING! The makers were super friendly and eager to share their expertise! We learnt awesome engineering and art projects with you there. When we stopped by the scroll saw craft projects there, I had the light bulb moment of trying to make these campers stop by, check out your work, and maybe have them use one of these scroll saws to hopefully hook some on them into it. I believe I asked some of the folks around that day, and they recommended me to reach out to the info e-mail address.

Thanks!

Keep up the great work!

Miguel Santos

msa...@urbanecologycenter.org

414- 431-2940 Ext. 6

Miguel Santos

Jun 5, 2018, 1:46:39 PM6/5/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Hi folks,

I wonder if anybody would be available and willing to give us a tour of the place some time 10:30 am - 3:00 pm on June 26th.

Thanks for considering!

Miguel

Pete Prodoehl

Jun 5, 2018, 2:29:39 PM6/5/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Also note that I've got a group of 40 students from a World Affairs program touring the space June 26th between 1:30pm and 3:00pm, sooooo... it might get a bit crowded!

Pete
--

---

Dan L

Jun 11, 2018, 8:48:25 AM6/11/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Was this responded to yet. If not / need be I can forward your message to our board members or into the more often read members only section of google group.

-Dan

Miguel Santos

Jun 15, 2018, 3:55:46 PM6/15/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Hi Dan,

Do you have the contact info from the board members? How can I reach out to them, please?

Thanks!

Miguel