MakerSpace Newbie (An introduction to me) - Woodshop Checkout Please

Ryan Desmond

Sep 21, 2016, 8:03:09 AM9/21/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Hello all, and thanks for the opportunity to work at the space.

I've been a hobbyist woodworker in my garage for about 2 years.  I've built a desk, kindling box, workshop table, wood storage cart, shelves, and other odds and ends.

I am interested in getting checked out in the woodshop whenever possible.

Little Bit About Me:
I work as a Database Administrator, SQL Server by choice, mongo, oracle, and db2 by force.
Hobbies: Coaching/Playing/Watching Soccer (COME ON ARSENAL!!!), Motorcycling, Bicycling, Hunting (Gun/Bow, Deer, Turkey), Fishing, Hiking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Netflixing,

MakerSpace Interests:
Wood shop - Moderate experience, need to be checked out
Metal shop - Little experience, a lot of interest, have to learn a lot.
Smithing - Zero experience, a lot of interest, no idea where to start!

Thanks again for the space and the kindness from those I've met already.

Here's a pic of me and my friend's dog (I'm the one on the right).  If you see me please introduce yourself!