Where can I get Tyvek?

Karen Pauli

May 22, 2015, 1:14:45 AM5/22/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I need large sheets of Tyvek, and I don't mean house wrap.  I'm looking for the stuff they make the protective suits out of.  Don't know how much I'll need, right now I'm just looking for a (hopefully local) source.  Do you know of any business that might use it for tarps?

Scott Swanson

May 22, 2015, 2:13:32 AM5/22/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

eBay.  Search on "tyvek suit".  Starts at $5.00 delivered for a small.  $6.79 for 4XL.

--

---

Operations Director

May 22, 2015, 2:44:03 AM5/22/15
to Milwaukee MakerSpace

Here are some links from my archive...

Amazon
Into The Wind: Tyvek 1422R
Quest Outfitters - Tyvek 1443 (1.25 oz)
Hang-em High - Tyvek 14
Tyvek® Lab Coats with Pockets - US Plastic Corporation (surprisingly rain resistant)
Backpacker Camper - Tyvek Ground Cloths and Ponchos
AGG - TYVEK - Tyvek Ground Cloth - by the foot

DL Swanson
Operation Director, Milwaukee Makerspace.
facil...@milwaukeemakerspace.org

On May 22, 2015 12:14 AM, "Karen Pauli" <kpa...@live.com> wrote:
I need large sheets of Tyvek, and I don't mean house wrap.  I'm looking for the stuff they make the protective suits out of.  Don't know how much I'll need, right now I'm just looking for a (hopefully local) source.  Do you know of any business that might use it for tarps?

Karen Pauli

May 22, 2015, 3:21:18 AM5/22/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, but I don't need rainsuits, I need curtains and drop cloths to cover our collections at the GS archives.  It is archival safe, it breathes so humidity won't condense on the inside, but it sheds water in case the fire sprinklers go off.  I figured that if anyone would know where to buy a roll of the stuff, the Makers would.  Some on-line workshops recommended Tyvek, but specified NOT housewrap, that's different.    Tell DL thanks for the list she sent me.

Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 01:13:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [MakerSpace] Where can I get Tyvek?
From: srs...@gmail.com
To: milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "milwaukeemakerspace" group.

Brant

May 22, 2015, 9:11:31 PM5/22/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Tuvok?