Any advice for web hosting?

Steve Pilon

Jul 17, 2017, 1:32:06 AM7/17/17
to milwaukeemakerspace
Doing a little research for the best web hosting, id be doing a simple website im creating from my computer. Any recommendations? What does everyone use? I also need domain registration. I don't want Wordpress!

Dan Jonke

Jul 17, 2017, 2:01:45 AM7/17/17
to milwaukeemakerspace
Hosting:
We've been very happy with them.

I personally use AWS:
Also been very happy with them.

Others I've touched recently:
Rackspace, service was good, but pricing was worse than above.
Dreamhost will lure you in with super cheap rates, and crash almost daily. Do not recommend.

Domains:

MMS currently uses Hover, but I would recommend against. They used to be the same price, but have recently raised theirs 50%. I plan on switching to Namecheap.

-Dan
--

---

ironmonger

Jul 17, 2017, 8:31:50 AM7/17/17
to MMS
Check out qth.com

---

Eric Berna

Jul 17, 2017, 5:39:11 PM7/17/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I’m a happy customer of Hawk Host. https://www.hawkhost.com

Eric Berna

Jerry HM

Jul 17, 2017, 9:36:49 PM7/17/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I personally like, recommend and use: A SMALL ORANGE  (ASO)

http://www.asmallorange.com

They have great customer service as well!