What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2017-09-18 edition]

remmin...@2xlnetworks.net

Sep 18, 2017, 9:55:04 AM9/18/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

This is a message from reMMinderbot.

Makers! It's time to share... what have you been hacking on or making?

been keeping you busy, either at the space or elsewhere.

reMMinderbot thanks you!

Pete Prodoehl

Sep 18, 2017, 10:22:53 AM9/18/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I've mainly been making Maker Faire...

Also:

Dalek Voice Changer Megaphone

Dalek costume hat/helmet

Video/Art installations

Noise making devices

Moxie Board

and other stuff I forgot.

Pete

the_digital_dentist

Sep 18, 2017, 12:25:46 PM9/18/17
to milwaukeemakerspace
I've been putting finishing touches on UMMD- I made the lower front panel from a clear sheet of polycarbonate which still has the protective film on it- I'll peel it off at the MakerFaire so it will look nice and scratch-free, at least for a few hours.  The panel is held in place by magnetic strips, like SoM.

I replaced the Chinese belts in UMMD's XY stage with Gates LL2MR09 belts, and did the same in the X axis of SoM (then had a problem with the extruder motor not turning, which I will check out this evening).  I did some before and after test prints and can't see much, if any, difference in print quality.  One thing I discovered in this process is that UMMD can print at 250 mm/sec, at least on long straight runs.