What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2014-04-21 edition]

remmin...@2xlnetworks.net

Apr 21, 2014, 9:55:02 AM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

This is a message from reMMinderbot.

Makers! It's time to share... what have you been hacking on or making?

been keeping you busy, either at the space or elsewhere.

reMMinderbot thanks you!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Chef Felisha Wild

Apr 21, 2014, 10:47:01 AM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Pulling a motor out of the hack rack and extending the motor shaft with the help of Marvin H. one of the machinists we now have a specialty sander.  I put together some dust collection and it works great.

Thanks to Marvin H. for his help.

Felisha

--

---

flap sander.jpg

ChrisH

Apr 21, 2014, 11:43:29 AM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I made 2000+ feet of cat5/cat6 network cable hang from the roof trusses!

Have Blue

Apr 21, 2014, 12:05:53 PM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
HOORAY!!!

Have Blue

Apr 21, 2014, 1:13:45 PM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Incredible as it may seem, I have finally started the re-assembly of the
Stratasys head! I'm sure many have been wondering if I'd ever get it
fixed...

I drilled out the constriction and then ran a bunch of pipe cleaners
through the hot end with Mothers mag polish, followed by rinsing off the
polish and running a clean pipe cleaner through once more. A flashlight
shining in one end now shows a bright bore with only a few dark spots
(scratches or really adhered crud, perhaps).

I then very carefully attached the only remaining inlet buffer I have (a
Vespel one), and managed to snake the heater coil back over it. I put
the solenoid paddle mount back on, and wound the thermocouple probe back
around the nozzle side, then wrapped the woven glass wrap back around
the whole unit. Next will be the aluminum foil wrap, and then I can
work on getting the hotend back into the head itself.
glass wrapped hotend.JPG

Charles

Apr 21, 2014, 4:06:57 PM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I've been hacking the drill bits....................................

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 21, 2014, 4:57:53 PM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I printed some GoPro frames for a local dude who wants to buy a few, I finished editing chapter 5 of a new book on robotics, and if things go well I'll be making some photographs of Hoover Dam and Death Valley this week.

Pete

Jake Bissen

Apr 23, 2014, 11:52:49 AM4/23/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, pe...@rasterweb.net
What kind of gopro frames? and how much are you charging? I might be interested in some as well.