What Have You Been Hacking/Making [2015-07-20 edition]

remmin...@2xlnetworks.net

Jul 20, 2015, 9:55:04 AM7/20/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

This is a message from reMMinderbot.

Makers! It's time to share... what have you been hacking on or making?

been keeping you busy, either at the space or elsewhere.

reMMinderbot thanks you!

Sam Laturi

Jul 20, 2015, 10:48:52 AM7/20/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Some friends of mine broke their garment hook. I made them a new one.

Sam
StormCloak Forge
--

---
Garment Hook.jpg

Tom Gralewicz

Jul 20, 2015, 11:21:52 AM7/20/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Brought in, wired and set up the new table saw in the wood shop.
Its ready for members to get checked off, see me or Steve P. and Felicia once Steve or I walk her through the changes.

Progress on the Dancing clock (working title - thinking about calling it a Clock-n-spiel, but someone would need to add music :-)
We used the 4x8 CNC router to make the parts and gears for the drive mechanism.

Manual Pick and Place machine - its up and running, I used it to make a board Saturday and it speeds surface mount assembly quite a bit.  It can use a syringe of solder paste and dispense it or you can solder mask your board and just place the components.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Brant

Jul 20, 2015, 12:29:56 PM7/20/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, m...@ieee.org
Bought some plastic milk crates at Michael's and reorganized some storage at home
Played around with the Seeed Studio motor shield and Arduino to drive a 3 phase brushless DC motor

Adam Cohen

Jul 20, 2015, 12:41:05 PM7/20/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, m...@ieee.org
sweet. I'm gonna come by this evening and try out the pick n place. Thanks Tom!

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:29 AM Brant <branth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bought some plastic milk crates at Michael's and reorganized some storage at home
Played around with the Seeed Studio motor shield and Arduino to drive a 3 phase brushless DC motor

Pete Prodoehl

Jul 20, 2015, 1:36:03 PM7/20/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Since there's a Power Racing Series event at Maker Faire Detroit this
weekend I worked with Kathy and Tony to build a car for the museum. It
needs a ton of work so expect a week of night time rage build sessions.

Meanwhile, Tiffany, Ed, and Andy are also working to rebuild Iron Rose
for Detroit.

So basically if anyone wants to help out and learn about how we build
these things... this is the week for it!

Pete

James

Jul 22, 2015, 1:16:42 PM7/22/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I finally took the 1.00 lathe toolholder and milled it down to .75 so it can be used at the space.  Sorry it took so long Bill**2 - I had to wait for the right combination of bosses being in meetings and an open Bridegeport int the toolroom where I work so I could use a nice shell mill.
I finsihed up the turning work for the rotary valve on my steam engine last week as well.