Replacing Our Table Saw Ripping Fence

Steve Pilon

Aug 18, 2017, 10:31:44 PM8/18/17
to milwaukeemakerspace
So im looking for a new ripping fence for our table saw in the wood shop. The existing one is cracked, internally, its still plenty usable though, and doesn't clamp parallel to the blade.

The research I'v done so far indicates that the "gold" standard Biesemeyer fences are no longer made in the US and the quality has gone to hell.

Im also looking at a Vega fence http://vegawoodworking.com/product/table-saw-fence/  the down side here is that they arn't made with aluminium extrusion which would give us options for adding safety accessories, etc onto the fence.

Does anyone have any experience with any aftermarket fences or have any that I could come take a look at?

ironmonger

Aug 18, 2017, 11:05:28 PM8/18/17
to MMS
I have used this Incra fence for over 15 years, and I am quite pleased with it.
See:
They take a lot of room but they are quite accurate and repeatable.

--

---

the_digital_dentist

Aug 19, 2017, 9:08:30 AM8/19/17