Free Clay

Eric Berna

Jul 9, 2015, 3:52:32 PM7/9/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I have some clay available. It’s earthenware clay that fires to a nice brown color. It’s just clay, and could benefit from adding some silica sand, feldspar, and/or grog.

If anybody is interested I recommend taking a sample and trying it out. If you like it, I can supply plenty more. I can drop it off at the Makerspace.

Is anybody interested?

Eric Berna

david

Jul 11, 2015, 9:13:08 AM7/11/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I would like to try some out. If you have it, a 20 lb brick would be a good size for me to test it out. Thank-you and let me know.
d.

Thomas Martin

Jul 12, 2015, 8:59:15 PM7/12/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I am interested. Is it well mixed and pliable?

Eric Berna

Jul 13, 2015, 9:00:40 AM7/13/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
OK. I can drop that off at the Makerspace on Thursday. Where should I leave it?

Eric Berna

--

---

Eric Berna

Jul 13, 2015, 9:03:41 AM7/13/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
It’s been sitting for quite some time, so you’ll have to work it a bit to make it nicely pliable. David is taking 20 pounds. I can drop off a sample for you at the same time, or you can just check out David’s sample to see if you’d like some.

Eric Berna

Eric Berna

Jul 16, 2015, 9:11:40 PM7/16/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I brought in a about a gallon of clay and left it in the ceramics area. The clay was sitting for quite some time and settled, with more water on top. So the clay is a little to wet to work, but you can just let it dry until it reaches a workable consistency. Let me know if you, and anybody else, want more.