missing items, radio tubes and car care stuff

Paul Sisneros

Feb 19, 2015, 12:17:00 AM2/19/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
When i was cleaning out my rack to move I wasn't able to find my radio tubes or car care supplies (blue bucket with wax, mit and polish). I'm assuming this was a miss understanding if it was taken, I was placing the raw materials up for grabs. The aluminum wood and acrylic. Not the components and tools.

If anyone knows where the tubes and car supplies are please let me know.

Brant

Feb 19, 2015, 12:29:38 PM2/19/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
There was a small cardboard box marked "photomultiplier tubes" on the Impound Lot table last week.  I didn't put it there and I don't know who did.  It may still be there.

Paul Sisneros

Feb 24, 2015, 8:20:30 PM2/24/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that was written on the box, it was jkust cardboard wrapped around pink foam with the tubes inside. I also never found my RC car. I'm in Palo Alto now, but I do plan to visit Milwaukee. It sounds like my chances of recovering my stuff is slim. I guess it's just part of the cost of moving. The RC car and the car polish I can let go. I do feel bad about losing those tubes since they didn't belong to me.

James

Feb 24, 2015, 9:06:45 PM2/24/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I would have thought someone would remember taking a box of tubes.  Hope they turn up!
Good luck in Palo Alto.

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:20:30 -0800
From: paul.s...@gmail.com
To: milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [MakerSpace] Re: missing items, radio tubes and car care stuff
--

---

Paul Sisneros

Feb 26, 2015, 2:29:49 PM2/26/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, jame...@hotmail.com
Well, I got a lot of help from the Makerspace in getting rid of stuff I did want to get rid of, I wouldn't want this to sully things, I really have a great general impression about all of you.

I would assume that my wording was not clear when I put all of the materials up for grabs, and as a result someone thought I wanted to give away my tools and parts as well, and now either hasn't seen this or is embarrased to reply. For the most part the tools I lost were not worth much.

I really appricate all the members who helped haul away stuff I needed to get rid of in the rush up to my move. I'm at Tesla now and loving it, it's like working at a makerspace with a bunch of incredible experts and mountains of parts and tools. This place is Maker paradise. Also the free coffee is from a shop nearby, not the Aramark Budget Irregular stuff. They know how to keep creative inventors happy.

Since I probably can't get my stuff, and don't want the unpleasentness of trying really hard to, I just request that it all goes to use and isn't just hoarded up. My dremel kit and other tools, soldering station, battery charger and other tools should be placed in the appropriate MMS use locations. That RC car was a kit car that orginally cost about $300, so please don't just scrap it, it's an RC10T racing series, and I recently put a new motor in it. If it can be used for a robot or just as a nice RC car that would be good. Then of course there are the materials I meant to give away, the sheets of acrylic, the precision cast aluminum plate, and the bars, beams and rails. I just hope it all gets used. That 24"x24" plate of aluminum is precision ground, so I'd hate to see it bent up by being thrown on a pile or used for welding practice. But again, I have to just let it go, surplus is surplus after all, and I suppose since I've given it up it doesn't really effect me weather it's used for scrap or for a nice part, but if someone has a real use for it I'd like them to get it rather than have it thrown away. I do understand that being an open and free culture like most of us want at the MMS also means you are responsible for the security of your items and for that matter, your own safety.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I feel like for all the use I got out of the Makerspace my $40 a month membership was practically a tolken amount. I even built up some of the skills that helped me land this job at Tesla.

The Fool

Feb 26, 2015, 5:12:11 PM2/26/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
WOW Paul.  Thank you.  Have a Great time at your new job.

Larry Andersen

Paul Sisneros

Mar 10, 2015, 1:39:07 PM3/10/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, unmitiga...@yahoo.com
I just want to check one more time. I've kind of accepted that my RC truck and set are gone, but I really would like to get my dad's radio tubes back if possible. For one thing, they aren't mine, and for another, they will be very hard to replace as the radio has no manual that we can find, plus I'm sure replacing all 11 would cost a lot of money.

Jerry [HM]

Mar 10, 2015, 9:19:18 PM3/10/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Can you check the video tapes around those dates? to see who walked off with it?

Also.. have you posted this to the members list as well?

good luck!

---

James

Mar 10, 2015, 9:27:44 PM3/10/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I wasn't at tonight's meeting (I usually go).  Maybe Lance can ask the group at the next meeting?  Maybe whoever took them doesn't read these.  I hope you get your tubes back!  Best of luck.

From: whisp...@hotmail.com
To: milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:19:19 -0500

Paul Sisneros

Mar 10, 2015, 11:51:29 PM3/10/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

It seems likely that the person took it thinking i meant to give it away and hasn't seen this or it was taken or thrown away without knowing what it was. I doubt that it was stolen intentionally.

Anyway, I appriciate if you can check at the meeting. I'll be visiting milwaukee in june, so if found i could retrieve them then.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "milwaukeemakerspace" group.

James

Mar 11, 2015, 12:26:05 AM3/11/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to learn how to use the wiki page thing this weekend.  After that I should be able to add it as a topic for next week's meeting.  If that wiki thing works how I think it does.
I agree, I think someone thought they were up for grabs and isn't getting these.

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:51:27 -0700

Ed Hagopian

Mar 11, 2015, 8:12:54 PM3/11/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
If it helps from a timing perspective for the tapes, I didn't see any of those items when I took the Makerslide, which was the day after I asked Paul about it on the forums. I might have missed them but his spot was pretty empty.

Brant Holeman

Mar 11, 2015, 8:13:27 PM3/11/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
There's no cameras in the East Room.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Ed Hagopian <edhag...@gmail.com> wrote:
If it helps from a timing perspective for the tapes, I didn't see any of those items when I took the Makerslide, which was the day after I asked Paul about it on the forums. I might have missed them but his spot was pretty empty.
--

---

Sincerely,
Brant Holeman

James

Mar 15, 2015, 10:16:15 PM3/15/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Now that I am set up for the wiki, I could add this to the agenda for the meeting this upcoming Tuesday:
"Paul Sisneros left stuff up for grabs when he moved to California recently.  Accidentally taken were some radio tubes in a cardboard box with pink foam.  They were not his, would be hard to replace, and would appreciate them returned.  Please contact a board member to arrange their return if you have them."
Let me know if you'd like any changes, Paul.  Hope that helps.

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:51:27 -0700

Tom Gralewicz

Mar 15, 2015, 10:55:10 PM3/15/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate you effort, James, but there isn't much the board can do.  There aren't any cameras in the east room so we have no idea who took them.

A request to return them has been posted multiple times on the message board, but without any results.

At this point I don't know what else can be done, do you have any suggestions?

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

James

Mar 15, 2015, 11:36:49 PM3/15/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
That was my only idea.  Which is kind of a longshot.  I can only guess the message board posts aren't read by whoever has them.
My thought was maybe someone there on Tuesday that doesn't read these posts would hear an announcement and would give them to a board member.  I'm not sure what percentage of members read these, but I know at least some don't.  Maybe that's why whoever has them hasn't returned them.
Maybe it was already brought up at a meeting and I didn't catch it.

Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:55:09 -0500

Jerry [HM]

Mar 16, 2015, 12:30:40 AM3/16/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

maybe other cameras caught someone walking by/through other rooms with them?

Paul Sisneros

Mar 16, 2015, 1:00:28 AM3/16/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I appreciate the thought but that widens the time window and the number of places to check quite a bit, I don't expect anyone to pour over all those videos trying to find a glimpse of somebody carrying a pink box.

Asking at the meeting would be good though, as mentioned before, maybe they just don't read the boards, even if the person isn't there, maybe someone who knows who it was will be.

Bob Trocke

Mar 16, 2015, 8:33:26 AM3/16/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Hi Paul,

Do you have a list of the tubes or info on the radio so we can look them up? I have lots of typical radio tubes looking for good homes.

I also don't remember a pink box but I have some tubes scavenged from the east room garbage and the metal recycling box which was surprising. However I think these were before you announced you were leaving.

I also have some timing belts/pulleys that I'm pretty sure we're from your arm project that were on the hack rack, as well as water jet cut brackets from your pallet when we thought everything must go. If you didn't intend those to be up for grabs, I will happily return them and look for pieces I sorted into west room bins.

Bob

James

Mar 17, 2015, 1:34:08 PM3/17/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
OK, I went ahead and put a note for tonight's meeting on the Wiki page.  I think it's worth a shot. If a board member disagrees it can be deleted, I will have no hard feelings.

Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:33:23 -0500

James

Mar 17, 2015, 11:52:12 PM3/17/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul;

I put it on the Wiki's agenda for tonight's meeting and Lance mentioned the missing tubes.  No idea if it helped, but I guess it was worth a shot.

James

Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:33:23 -0500

Paul Sisneros

Mar 23, 2015, 1:58:32 PM3/23/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, jame...@hotmail.com
I got some more info for anyone interested

Looking at pictures online I eventually found a match. The radio is a GE S-22. Not the 22-X, but probably the "Junior" model. It looks like this:

That site lists the tube types it includes, and I think from the schematic I could figure out the quantity. If I can't find the pink foam block I should atleast be able to buy replacements. From the shot of the tubes they do appear to be the same ones I had.

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

Paul Sisneros

Mar 23, 2015, 2:02:38 PM3/23/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, jame...@hotmail.com

And in addition, a hand drawn sketch of where the tubes were located. This is a good backup to confirm my count of each type is correct.

Brant Holeman

Mar 24, 2015, 8:29:03 PM3/24/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I think I have some tubes of my own I can donate to the cause.

Sincerely,
Brant Holeman

Brant Holeman

Mar 29, 2015, 11:53:14 AM3/29/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Paul,
The only tube I have that looks similar is a Raytheon 80.  Would you like me to send you that?

--
Sincerely,
Brant Holeman

Paul Sisneros

Mar 29, 2015, 12:56:32 PM3/29/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the offer Brant. I will probably just get an Ebay lot of tubes that includes the ones I need, it appears to be way cheaper than getting them individually and that way I have several spares.

Paul Sisneros

Apr 9, 2015, 3:01:06 PM4/9/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
What really kills me is that my tubes, my dremel, my RC car and all that stuff are probably just in some hoarders stock pile where they'll sit until their next of kin throw it in a dumpster.

Brant

May 31, 2015, 5:41:02 PM5/31/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Paul, DL was cleaning off and rearranging member pallets today and found a block of pink foam with 7 vacuum tubes wrapped in bubble wrap. Are these yours?

Paul Sisneros

Jun 3, 2015, 12:36:37 PM6/3/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Brant contacted me directly earlier, but I want to reply here too;

Those are the tubes, I'm very glad they've been found! I've arranged with him to leave them for me to pick up when I'm in Milwaukee on the 20th.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

James

Jun 3, 2015, 1:13:53 PM6/3/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad they were recovered!  I really thought they were lost forever in someone's basement or something.

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 09:36:36 -0700
From: paul.s...@gmail.com
To: milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

--

---

Paul Sisneros

Jun 21, 2015, 7:47:52 PM6/21/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm in town now, if possible I'd like to stop by around 8. I'm sure being Sunday there will probably be someone who can let me in without anyone coming there specificly for that purpose. But I figure it would be good to let everyone know I'll be around.