Needed: Clear Vinal or something like it about 4ft by 2-3 feet for side of espresso cart

Rob Mohr

Apr 19, 2014, 2:12:59 PM4/19/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the wind has been crazy and blows coffee grounds and the shot of espresso being poured all around.  Does anyone have or know where is the best place to get a fairly thick piece of plastic that I can velcro to the side of the cart when it is windy?   Something like we use for welding would be a good thickness.

Thanks Much,

Rob

Tom Gralewicz

Apr 19, 2014, 2:34:48 PM4/19/14
to milwaukeemakerspace
There are some spare welding curtains at the space, you are welcome to take on.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

--

---

Kevin Crowley

Apr 19, 2014, 2:44:03 PM4/19/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Figure about 4lbs of pressure per square foot on your curtain  when figuring your fasteners.  That will handle a 40mph gust and you will get those where you are set up.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Rob Mohr <alitt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Shane T.

Apr 19, 2014, 2:45:23 PM4/19/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, m...@ieee.org
A clear shower curtain with some velcro tape on it (we have some in the Craft Lab) might be lighter than a welding curtain.

wwill...@wi.rr.com

Apr 19, 2014, 8:43:14 PM4/19/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
There is a small roll of clear vinyl at the top of my storage space (Not a hack rack!)  See if it will work for you.

Bill**2

cobie...@hotmail.com

Apr 20, 2014, 5:30:36 PM4/20/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rob,
You can get the stuff they use for convertible car windows at auto upholstery shops.  Also McMaster has many sizes and thickenesses:
But Shane's shower curtain idea is probably the cheapest.  Or you could go to a restaurant supply store and get the stuff they use to cover tablecloths at pizza restaurants.  That's probably pretty cheap too.
Cobie

Barbara Hughes

Apr 21, 2014, 12:08:09 PM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Midland Plastics has a small retail/seconds/overstock area, entered through the North lobby door.  I've been able to pick up stuff for model making for fairly inexpensive.  All kinds of odds and ends here:

Located at:  Midland Plastics Inc  5405 S Westridge Ct, New Berlin, WI, which is just off Hwy 43 and Moorland Rd, in a little industrial park near the Ridge Cinema.

charpr

Apr 21, 2014, 8:42:51 PM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'd go buy a roll of the plastic sheeting.  Fairly inexpensive as well.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-ft-x-50-ft-Clear-4-mil-Plastic-Sheeting-RSHK403-50C-U/100651780

Karen Pauli

Apr 22, 2014, 1:59:52 AM4/22/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Go to either Hancock Fabrics on Hwy 100, or JoAnn Fabrics on Brown Deer or near Southridge Mall.  Clear vinyl  comes in different thicknesses.  I picked up some for someone working in the metal shop.  I think that's what Bill**2 was offering you.

Karen Pauli

Apr 22, 2014, 2:23:25 AM4/22/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
By the way, I just read in the Shepherd that there will be an event at Cotaldo(sp?) Square in the third ward in May.  It involves a lot of food trucks and push carts, plus beer and music.  I think they were calling it a festival of mobile food?  I thought this might be a good place to showcase your cart.  I saved the ad, but didn't know where to leave it for you.  Will you be there Tuesday night?

Dont let google be evil

Apr 23, 2014, 8:27:08 PM4/23/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Just left a small sample of clear vinyl on your pallet -in front of the "best smelling something" award.
I can get more of this - I can get a cost if you are interested.
There are some largish scrap pieces, which are probably free, but I don't know what your dimensions are.
The source claims this can be bought off a roll at Elliot's Ace Hardware.

PeanutButter