Beer Bottle Caps

Kathryn H.

May 12, 2015, 10:49:49 PM5/12/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
The space received a donation of a huge supply of beer bottle caps that have not been dented by bottle openers even though they have been used. These would be good for doing table top mosaics, stepping stones, jewelry, or whatever your imagination can think of. They are currently in the craft lab. If you can use some or all of them please let me know.
Bottle cap hexagon.JPG
Bin of Bottle Caps.JPG

Pete Prodoehl

May 12, 2015, 11:05:06 PM5/12/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

If no one claims them could they be used for a hands-on making activity
at Maker Faire?

They did something like that at Minne Faire a few years ago, giving
visitors (especially kids) the opportunity to help create a large piece
of artwork.

Pete

ChrisH

May 12, 2015, 11:28:24 PM5/12/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I have a friend that's trying to make a floor of bottle caps so he'll take them all if that's ok?

Michael Warnock

May 13, 2015, 6:23:30 PM5/13/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Yay, I'm so glad to see these getting used!  I didn't realize I was doing anything special by opening them the way I did (with a lighter), so that's a neat bonus!

~Michael

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:28 PM, ChrisH <hemm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a friend that's trying to make a floor of bottle caps so he'll take them all if that's ok?

--

---

Kathryn H.

May 14, 2015, 6:22:55 PM5/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
We have several people that want to use the bottle caps for jewelry or smaller projects. I think it's best to not let someone take ALL of them at once. So take about a quart of them at the most. There are plastic bags on the rack behind the bin of bottle caps which sits on the floor next to the embroidery machine.  What ever is left after June 2nd I feel can then be taken for a larger project. This will give those who are currently out of town a chance to get a hand full as well.

Rachel Andrea Davis

May 14, 2015, 8:38:14 PM5/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I also have a lot of beer bottle caps that I’m more than willing to part with, so hopefully we can make everyone happy!

Rachel

Caracal Keithrafferty

May 24, 2015, 3:29:58 PM5/24/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Heck yes!  I'll have to claim some and scuff em up and make a wasteland checkerboard!

iamemm...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 7:23:13 AM10/10/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
hello,

here are some other ideas for creating crafts from bottle caps

i hope it's useful