Space improvement improvement weekend

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 14, 2016, 8:48:38 PM6/14/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
This weekend I plan on doing some space infrastructure improvements.
Projects:

Night lights - replace a few of the existing lights with LEDs permanently on so you can find your way around in the dark.

Power Poles - drop a pole from the ceiling to a few areas in the space so we don't have to run extension cords - mostly the machine shop.

Gas line for the jewlery area - extend the gas line by the forge to the jewlery area

Wall - build an  8'x8' wall between the welding area and the door to the wash room, run power down this wall for the fume extractor and outlets.

I could use a few helpers, both skilled and willing to learn.

I plan on working Saturday from about 10am to 4pm and Sunday from 1pm to 6pm.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Isaac Salapat

Jun 15, 2016, 2:04:21 AM6/15/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I should be able to make it on Saturday

--

---

Keith McMillan

Jun 15, 2016, 1:55:33 PM6/15/16
to milwaukeemakerspace, m...@ieee.org
I will try to make it down too

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 17, 2016, 11:33:55 PM6/17/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Just a reminder, I plan to start Saturday morning around 10am installing outlets, converting lights to night lights and building a wall for the welding area.

Any help, experienced and not, is welcome.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Keith McMillan

Jun 19, 2016, 8:09:07 AM6/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace, m...@ieee.org
Sorry for not making it yesterday Tom, one thing and another... are you going to be there today as well?

Keith
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to milwaukeemakerspace+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 19, 2016, 9:39:59 AM6/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace

Yep.  Around 1pm

---

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 19, 2016, 1:48:30 PM6/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I'm going to be late, dealing with some electrical issues in Oak Creek.

If anyone wants to get started you could:

Attach the grill to the new hole above the compressor room door - the grill is leaning on the left wall in the compressor room, new in the package.

Figure out how we could run pipe from the existing gas line near the forge to the jewelry area so we can pickup some pipe.

Move the 2 work benches in the metal shop away from the isle so we have room to work and put in a column there.

I'll be there as soon as I can.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 19, 2016, 7:15:55 PM6/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Great things were accomplished!   Thanks to everyone who helped:

Shane, Bill^2, Wolfgang, two new members who's names I didn't get, Isaac, Keith and Andy.

We got the power pole in the metal shop by the new mill, it has 3 phase power, 120V outlets and a compressed air drop.

Gas line was run to the jewlery area, it is being pressure tested at the moment so please don't mess with the valves or gauge for a few days.  Once the gauge is off it will be ready for use.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Tom Gralewicz

Jun 19, 2016, 7:16:29 PM6/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Oh, yea and a new vent was added to the compressor room, dropping the temperature by about 20 degrees.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

wwill...@wi.rr.com

Jun 19, 2016, 8:04:56 PM6/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace, m...@ieee.org
Lets add the bottom vent and try for 50.

Bill**2

Adrian Volden

Jun 19, 2016, 8:10:20 PM6/19/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, m...@ieee.org
Thank you to all that helped on this project!
--

---

Adrian Volden
Cell Ph (414) 379-8373 Anytime