Goodbye -- and thank you!

annefranceswysocki

Jun 28, 2016, 10:58:23 AM6/28/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Dear Makerspace folks,

For family reasons, we're moving out of state, and so... Goodbye to the Space.

When I started working at the Space at the end of last year, I saw how thoughtfully and generously run it is.

Having quite a bit of experience in different organizations, I've been deeply impressed by the commitment of folks at the Makerspace to supporting people in learning and making. I saw how much time, effort, and thought the Board and others put in to how the place is run, how decisions are made carefully, how frustrations are handled. Again and again I experienced people's generosity with their time and knowledge -- and with their delight -- and with caring for keeping the place as generous, thoughtful, and welcoming as it is.

This past year brought a few too many surprises to our lives, and so I did not get to spend the kind of time at the Space I'd hoped, and I did not get to be as involved as I would have liked. I am sad about that...

And so I send a tremendous thanks to everyone who keeps the Space going, who thinks about how we help each other, who works to keep the Space as exciting and full as it is.

Thank you for showing me so much more than how to use the various cnc routers!

I'll be following from a distance, wishing I were there.

Anne

Steve Pilon

Jun 28, 2016, 2:01:02 PM6/28/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
It was good to have you at the space Anne, I enjoyed training you and seeing your creativity, good luck in all your future endeavors.

Adrian Volden

Jun 28, 2016, 2:13:41 PM6/28/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Amy,

Thanks for the coffee table you made it is a Great addition to the Makerspace!

Be sure to look for a Maker Space where ever you end up, you would be a great addition to there organization!

--

---

Adrian Volden
Cell Ph (414) 379-8373 Anytime
Home Ph (414)-727-0539 After 5:00pm
Work Ph (414)-362-6373 7:30 - 4:00

Kathryn H.

Jun 28, 2016, 5:11:49 PM6/28/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I'm going to miss you. Be sure to check out what we are doing from time to time on Facebook and the website http://milwaukeemakerspace.org/
In case you ever want to contact me personally you can send an email to kathu...@yahoo.com
Good Luck with everything.

Karen Pauli

Jul 1, 2016, 3:31:44 AM7/1/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Sorry to lose you.  You're a very talented lady!  Maybe you can come back and visit for Maker Faire?