Doors Open 2016 Volunteers!

Brant

Sep 2, 2016, 12:32:07 PM9/2/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
We're three weeks away from Maker Faire which means we're TWO weeks away from Doors Open Milwaukee 2016!

We're looking for volunteers to help give tours and direct people around the building.
The event is two days: Saturday, Sept. 17th and Sunday, Sept. 18th from 10 AM to 5 PM.

This will be the sixth year Doors Open has taken place and our third year participating as a location.
We've had about 400 people per day come through in the past, so it's a great opportunity to promote our group as well as Maker Faire.

If you're available, please reply here and let us know!  We'll try to fit whatever hours you can give us.  Thanks!

Keith McMillan

Sep 2, 2016, 1:06:04 PM9/2/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Hi Brant,

I will volunteer for Saturday the 17th. Are you still looking for a coordinator?

Keith

Shane T.

Sep 2, 2016, 1:45:36 PM9/2/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I'm planning on being available both days to lead tours and such. I may have to do some lasing when it's slow (at least we can show off the laser cutters!).

Karen Pauli

Sep 9, 2016, 2:03:49 AM9/9/16
to milwaukeemakerspace

I'll be glad to "tour guide".  I'll be there Sunday, and MAYBE part of Saturday.

Kayla Schroeder

Sep 15, 2016, 5:16:33 PM9/15/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

BRANT
The Doors Open lady, Margo stopped by and dropped off Doors Open stuff. There's two bags on the couch, says if you have any questions you have her info. I would suggest giving her a call and talking about what she went over with me, since I won't be here this weekend.

--

---

Brant Holeman

Brant

Karen Pauli

Sep 17, 2016, 2:56:53 AM9/17/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I came in about 9:30pm Friday and cleaned both bathrooms.  Tony vacuumed the meeting area and electronics lab, then I vacuumed the Craft lab.  The guy from Sheboygan (blanking on his name) did some sweeping in the West room.

Sep 17, 2016, 12:21:48 PM9/17/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
That would be Andy.

Thank you to everyone!

Brant Holeman

Sep 17, 2016, 2:35:55 PM9/17/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Free Jimmy John's sandwiches for members! I bought two platters and there's plenty left over, please help eat them!

On Sep 17, 2016 11:21 AM, "Dan Jonke" <d...@vfdworld.com> wrote:
That would be Andy.

Thank you to everyone!

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:56 AM

I came in about 9:30pm Friday and cleaned both bathrooms.  Tony vacuumed the meeting area and electronics lab, then I vacuumed the Craft lab.  The guy from Sheboygan (blanking on his name) did some sweeping in the West room.

Brant Holeman

Sep 17, 2016, 6:37:35 PM9/17/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Pssst. The leftover sandwiches are in the alcohol fridge. Have at it.

---

Kayla Schroeder

Sep 17, 2016, 6:57:58 PM9/17/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Don't worry, I'll be in tonight to help

Brant Holeman

Sep 18, 2016, 9:43:26 PM9/18/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the help once again everyone! We had 358 guests on Saturday and 421 on Sunday, for a total of 779 people!

Sam Laturi

Sep 19, 2016, 10:42:30 AM9/19/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

They were working their butts off and talking until their voices gave out!  Hats off to all of you who were making this happen!!

Sam

StormCloak Forge

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:56 AM