RPM Challenge - an album in one month!

Pete Prodoehl

Oct 28, 2011, 2:47:11 PM10/28/11
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Hey Makers,

Last night while listening to the soothing sounds of the cacophonator I
mentioned that we (as a group) should take part in the RPM Challenge in
February 2012.

What is the RPM Challenge? Record an album in February that's 10 songs
or 35 minutes long. Recording can only be done in the month of February
- no prerecorded songs. All material must be previously unreleased, and
you are encouraged you to write the material during February, too.

There's more info at: http://rpmchallenge.com/

I've done it for the past few years, and it's a fun time, and a learning
experience.

Since we've got a drummer, guitarists, , other musicians, noisemakers,
circuit-benders, stepper motors and power tools... I thought it would be
cool to make a group album.

Who wants in?

Pete

Ross Oldenburg

Oct 28, 2011, 2:50:16 PM10/28/11
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm in!

I can play guitars, keyboards, modular synth, whatever....

And I have a lot of good mics and a portable 16 channel studio. :)

--Ross

Kevin Bastyr

Oct 28, 2011, 3:02:21 PM10/28/11
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

The cacophonator wants in.  In fact, it is setting up its own MySpace page right now!

Shane

Oct 28, 2011, 3:07:59 PM10/28/11
to milwaukeemakerspace
I can attempt to jam. Not really sure what I can bring to the party.

I (sorta) play guitar and I'm relearning tenor sax....

Shane

Oct 28, 2011, 3:10:02 PM10/28/11
to milwaukeemakerspace
I just saw that they have a holiday contest.

I have some extremely dark/filthy X-mas carols I'm working on.... :D

Ross Oldenburg

Oct 28, 2011, 3:58:08 PM10/28/11
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I've been idly working with this guy (http://vimeo.com/12042205) on a couple new computer instruments.  If I have something ready by Feb, I'll include that, too. :)

Pete Prodoehl

Nov 9, 2011, 10:20:38 AM11/9/11
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I've added a wiki page, and if you expressed interest, your name.

    http://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/projects/rpmchallenge2012

Pete