1st Kitchen Table

felisha

Apr 15, 2017, 12:22:21 AM4/15/17
to milwaukeemakerspace
I just finished my 1st fine furniture piece. It's a kitchen table made out of ash. This thing is heavy. With top that is over 1.5 inches thick that detaches from the base for ease of moving it.
20170414_155414.jpg

Brent Bublitz

Apr 15, 2017, 7:56:43 AM4/15/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Looks great!
The design seems solid. My understanding is that large table tops should always be bolted on, never glued. This allows them to move a little with humidity and temperature expansion without warping the base.

--

---

rocky53204 .

felisha

Apr 15, 2017, 12:41:50 PM4/15/17
to milwaukeemakerspace
My table top is not glued on to the legs. As I mentioned in my post , "The top detaches from the base". One of the design considerations.

Thanks

Brent Bublitz

Apr 15, 2017, 12:43:06 PM4/15/17
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I was just saying that was a good idea.