solid ink printer ?

Adam Cohen

Apr 21, 2014, 8:36:50 AM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a solid ink printer?  I want to try this Instructable...

Adam.

Royce Pipkins

Apr 21, 2014, 9:31:43 AM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
With a clamp/jig/frame thingy to hold the stuff straight, why wouldn't our usual spray paint/laser etch technique work? It has the advantage that you can register the jig for a well-aligned two sided etch. (The flex copper clad stuff we have on hand is two sided.)

When I made the cyclon glasses I just used toner transfer through our roller press.

IMHO its just fiddly. You don't need a special technique. You just have to muck around until you get the details right. Probably to biggest thing I had to learn was to drill any holes BEFORE etching, so the flex didn't run up the bit and make a volcano shape.

--

---

The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.
B. F. Skinner

Adam Cohen

Apr 21, 2014, 10:31:21 AM4/21/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I did try this...but I just couldn't get it to work well....  And this just seemed much simpler for production purposes.