Selling: Makerbot Replicator 2 - With Upgrades!

jos...@browndoggadgets.com

Mar 7, 2018, 2:05:18 PM3/7/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Greetings! We've got a Makerbot Replicator 2 in our offices that we're wanting gone. It's been a workhorse for us over the past couple of years but we just don't need it any more.

The machine comes with all the original wires and cables, 3D printed upgrades, new fan, new hot end, new extruder.  We'll even throw in three rolls of PLA filament.

We have the machine in our offices in Brookfield. We'll show you how to use the machine and the software (it's Makerbot, so thats super easy to do).

We're asking $400 for the machine. If you'd like to see pictures we posted a few in our Craigslist Post.

(If you're really feeling fancy we're also selling our small 3D scanner for $250 on eBay. We'd sell both to someone local for $600.)

rocky53204 .

Mar 7, 2018, 2:55:11 PM3/7/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
So... what's the consensus is this a good machine?

--

---

Brent Bublitz

Mar 7, 2018, 2:59:54 PM3/7/18
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Do you have the link to the 3D scanner sale? I'm very interested there.

jos...@browndoggadgets.com

Mar 7, 2018, 6:43:14 PM3/7/18
to milwaukeemakerspace
Well, never mind. Someone bought both this afternoon already. Go figure.

In general Replicator 2 is a still a decent machine and you can find them for between $400-600. Though many online would say to just spend $800-900 and buy a new FlashForge, which is a Chinese clone of the Replicator 2X that has all the Maker upgrades installed from the start. FlashForge machines on amazon have an unusually high user rating compared to there 3D printers, which says a lot.

Though if you're looking for an inexpensive Machine you can grab a Monoprice Select Mini 2 for all of $200. (You'll need to spend half an hour changing up some wires, but it's a simple and well documented process) Pete was telling me that he purchased a MonoPrice Maker Select Plus ($380 on Amazon) last year and it's been a solid machine for him.