Which is the best way to create a plastic box????

Donald Pederson

Nov 26, 2016, 10:04:44 PM11/26/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I am looking to create a plastic box that is open on one of the short ends.  It will also have a oval cut out of one of the longer sides.  The size is 10 1/4" l X 5 1/2" d X 3 1/2 " h.  Thickness of the plastic is about 1/16"

What is the best way to create this? 3D print it or cut the plastic on a machine and glue the pieces together,.

Depending on which way I producing it, could I use DesignSpark Mechanical either way.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Don

Pete Prodoehl

Nov 26, 2016, 11:17:50 PM11/26/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I'd suggest using MakerCase <http://www.makercase.com/> but 1/16" thick is really thin. If there's any chance you can use 1/8" (aka 3mm) Acrylic, it would probably work much better. Also, if you choose T-slots you can assemble it using nuts and bolts. (Acrylic can be difficult to glue.)

Pete
--

---