How to feed one page at a time off the top of a ream of paper?

瀏覽次數:13 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Steve Pilon

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午5:09:312017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace
Wondering what people think about this on here.

Heres the problem:

How could you make a mechanism that would feed a stack of paper through it one sheet at a time off of a ream of paper?

How do you make sure that your not feeding 2 sheets that are stuck together?

Any ideas here?

Tom Gralewicz

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午5:11:052017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace
Use an old printer, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

--

---

Steve Pilon

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午5:15:492017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace、m...@ieee.org
Tom,

Ok so how does the paper take up mechanism make sure it only has one sheet of paper and their not stuck together?

Tom Gralewicz

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午5:31:562017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace
Magic, and years of research and design in material handling, coefficients of fricion, and mechanics.

I think most of them use a rubber wheel pulling on the top with a partly sticky rubber pad just ahead of the stack, that way if there's  two sheets the 2nd gets tuck on the pad and just the first goes on.
I suppose the best mechanisms are in big copy machines.

Tom

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Steve Pilon <spi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tom,

Ok so how does the paper take up mechanism make sure it only has one sheet of paper and their not stuck together?

--

Suzuri

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午5:33:342017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace
Ways you can reduce the chances of grabbing more than one piece of paper is to make sure there is air between the sheets.  You can do this by simply flexing the ream or stack, pinching along the sides, and then straightening the stack once again.  Gives each sheet a cushion of air to glide on.
Also, be sure your paper is dry, as in, not stored in a humid spot - that always seems to make printers jam more.

I spent a summer in my youth working the bindery side of a printing company.  Even there you would sometimes get sheets that stuck.  I saw a machine there lift sheets of paper with little vacuums, but there were also the more commonly seen rollers that would grab a sheet off the top.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Steve Pilon <spi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tom,

Ok so how does the paper take up mechanism make sure it only has one sheet of paper and their not stuck together?

--

Steve Pilon

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午5:39:262017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace
Thanks Tom, for some reason that escaped me. It looks like its just rubber pads and proper spring pressure. Im off to stick my fingers in fancy copy machines at work now! Suzuri, yeah that works for one type of paper feeding mechanism. I want to avoid the suction cup method as its to slow.

Tom Gralewicz

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午5:42:272017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace
Actually the suction cup systems are what high speed presses use, I think they may also inject an air stream across the edge of the paper to separate multiple sheets.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Steve Pilon <spi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Tom, for some reason that escaped me. It looks like its just rubber pads and proper spring pressure. Im off to stick my fingers in fancy copy machines at work now! Suzuri, yeah that works for one type of paper feeding mechanism. I want to avoid the suction cup method as its to slow.

--

Steve Pilon

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午6:04:462017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace、m...@ieee.org
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I found a bunch of different search terms to use from the above video Tom also, I think iv got a direction now.

John Rockefeller

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午6:11:592017/1/19
收件者:milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Is rotating on/off suction a possible?
My laser printer sometimes feeds stuck sheets when it's humid.

On Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:04 PM, Steve Pilon <spi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I found a bunch of different search terms to use from the above video Tom also, I think iv got a direction now.
--

---

Steve Pilon

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午6:30:192017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace、rocky...@yahoo.com
I think ill just go with something like this https://www.manualslib.com/manual/692990/Minolta-Di251.html?page=53#manual since im just grabbing copy paper to make my job easier.

I think the best way to do it is shown here:

The blue rubber belts have holes in them if you look closely and pause the video. The white ribbed tube i beleive is the suction line. I'm assuning there is a slot in the belt holder (black thing with the stepper hanging off the side) that allows the suction to only go through the moving belt on the lower side to grab the paper. This system seems super versatile especially when you need to grab smooth things where the above take up roll and separator will not work.

I have now learned more about separating sheets of paper then I ever though I needed!!! Thanks again everyone!

Steve Pilon

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午6:31:362017/1/19
收件者:milwaukeemakerspace、rocky...@yahoo.com
Oh i think the vacuum blue rubber belts may also use a separator pad as well. Just with different materials and pressures then the normal copy machine roller method.

Adrian Volden

未讀,
2017年1月19日 下午6:33:582017/1/19
收件者:milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
What are you making?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 5:31 PM Steve Pilon <spi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh i think the vacuum blue rubber belts may also use a separator pad as well. Just with different materials and pressures then the normal copy machine roller method.

--

---

Adrian Volden Cell Ph (414) 379-8373 Anytime Home Ph (414)-727-0539 After 5:00pm Work Ph (414)-362-6373 7:30 - 4:00 iPad
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息