Red & Green LED Modules

Brant

Nov 23, 2016, 5:45:00 PM11/23/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
For the last three years I've been tinkering with these LED modules we have.
They're each about the size of a quarter, consist of one red and one green LED and four pins on the back.

You can see some of my progress here: https://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/projects/xmasblinkies

The next logical step, if anyone is interested, would be to get some PCBs made and turn them into kits like the Learn-To-Solder Makerspace pins.

If you want one to make into a Christmas blinkie or whatever, feel free to help yourself to them or see me on Friday at the Holiday Make-A-Thon.

mathew melk

Nov 29, 2016, 1:14:57 AM11/29/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I vote that they be made into a simple learn to solder kit for the space with a Christmas twist. Can you get a cost per board and a quantity of order that we can give to Dennis so that he can order with funds from the electronics lab?

Mat Melk

ChrisH

Nov 29, 2016, 10:53:44 AM11/29/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
If you can get me a schematic of your blinkie board, and the pinout of the connector, I can try to build a small/compact learn-to-solder PCB for you..
-Chris