I'm in need of several thousand Nerdy Derby 3D printed / laser cut wheels

Adrian Volden

Jun 17, 2017, 7:19:29 PM6/17/17
to Milwaukee MakerSpace, milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, MakerFair MKE Planing group

Hello All

Adrian Here, the Maker Faire Milwaukee Nerdy Derby Champion

I was wondering if any of you could help making of several thousand Nerdy Derby wheels?

We have had several Nerdy Derby events leading up to the 2017 Maker Faire Milwaukee in September, and in years past 3D printed wheels have been a big hit with the young builders.

By printing a repeatable item on your personal 3D printer like Nerdy derby wheels, you can learn to tune in the printer on a specific file, so when you work on a one off design our prints will be a better quality sooner.

I am not asking you to print them all by yourself, but maybe rally the others in the 3D lab to print a batch whenever there is an open machine, I'm sure we can help come up with filament to help.

Here are enough wheel designs to choke a horse:  http://mark.rehorst.com/misc/nerdy/

And here's a basic  Laser cut wheel!

    http://rasterweb.net/raster/temp/derbywheels/Derby_Wheel_20.stl

--