Getting batteries from China - suggestions?

marc rassbach

Oct 13, 2016, 10:43:38 AM10/13/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I have a dead electro-optical device because someone left it in the cold and ruined the Lithium batteries.

AEC811836  440  8.04  18.4  36.2  7.0±2.0

My Chinese is, well, just like almost every American.  Their web page may, or may not, have accepted my contact info.

I'm now at a loss as to how to get the parts from the manufacturer to fix the device.

Shane T.

Oct 14, 2016, 1:38:39 AM10/14/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Long story short: ordered a cell-phone battery (li-ion) from China, they tried to ship it USPS, failed, then I got a refund...after waiting a little over a month.

Ordered 3 batteries for the same price (free shipping) from Walm....eh, I hate them, but you know which company I mean. Got them within a week.

My opinion is to buy local where you can since they'll understand US shipping laws.

marc rassbach

Oct 19, 2016, 9:00:11 AM10/19/16
to milwaukeemakerspace

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 12:38:39 AM UTC-5, Shane T. wrote:
My opinion is to buy local where you can since they'll understand US shipping laws.

The vendor of the product with the bad battery is a US company.   "locally" I can (could?) buy a replacement item at Target.

The US vendor is 'non responsive' about getting batteries from them or repair costs as they have a new style of unit they'd rather sell.

"buying locally" hasn't really been a help when the 'local' vendor has a different agenda than my repair agenda.