New Jointer for woodshop!

Steve Pilon

Dec 2, 2016, 3:52:27 PM12/2/16
to milwaukeemakerspace

Iv contacted the owner and hes stating that its a 3/4 hp dual voltage motor that's newer then the original. I think this would be great for the space. Is anyone opposed to the wood shop purchasing this tool? For the record our current jointer is in rough shape and poorly constructed, this jointer is superior by a lot. Im thinking about going out there tomorrow afternoon to look at it.

This msg is also posted on the members only list.

Moore, Jason

Dec 2, 2016, 3:56:55 PM12/2/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Would be a Very practical and thrifty purchase in my opinion.

--

---

James

Dec 2, 2016, 4:04:34 PM12/2/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Much better than that poor thing in the woodshop now.  I think $400 is a good investment for the woodshop, assuming it checks out.

You can still get the manual for about $20 if seller doesn’t have it.

Would be a Very practical and thrifty purchase in my opinion.

Steve Pilon

Dec 2, 2016, 4:14:36 PM12/2/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow(Saturday) afternoon from the space. I can take 5 additional people in my van. Who wants to come with, you should be able to help lift this thing. Perhaps Tom G or someone with a truck/trailer/cargo van could come with also for hauling?

Sonny Zuliani

Dec 2, 2016, 4:23:53 PM12/2/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
This would be an amazing addition to the Wood Shop! What an awesome find! I know I would put it to good use.

Thank you,

Sonny Zuliani

--

---

Tom Gralewicz

Dec 2, 2016, 4:30:23 PM12/2/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
How often does the jointer we have get used?  Has it ever been used enough to get broken?

Would a heavy duty planer be a better purchase?

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Thank you,

Sonny Zuliani

Steve Pilon

Dec 2, 2016, 4:42:41 PM12/2/16
to milwaukeemakerspace, m...@ieee.org
The jointer does get used often, the blades get worn out. A heavy duty planer would be great but the prices for one tend to be north of a grand or two. This is a good deal on a jointer, if we find a good deal on a heavy duty planer we can jump on that also. Im thinking well put this on a wheeled stand. The current wood jointer planer cart would get dismantled and a rolling stand would be made/found for the current planer.

We have something similar to this:

that costs significantly less and will go under the jointer.

Steve Pilon

Dec 2, 2016, 9:31:45 PM12/2/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Ok, Bill the other area champion, has okayed this, it's a go. The only question is transportation, does anyone have a truck/large van/trailer we can use. I'm thinking this Saturday afternoon.