Rookie question time! (acrylic adhesive)

Ellen Fulton

Jun 24, 2016, 9:54:28 AM6/24/16
to Member List Makerspace
For those of you who have made laser cut boxes out of acrylic -- what adhesive do you use? I've used super glue on quickie projects, but I'm prepping for something I care about more, so I thought I'd be more thorough and ask!

Many thanks,
Ellen

Sent from my iPhone

Markus Schneider

Jun 24, 2016, 10:00:07 AM6/24/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
R192 it is a one component uv/light curing glue specifically for acrylic. It turns transparent with almost the same refraction index.
--

---

Ellen Fulton

Jun 24, 2016, 10:00:49 AM6/24/16
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Pilon

Jun 24, 2016, 11:18:59 AM6/24/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Weldon-4 is also another option however you do need a really high quality edge. Its also toxic as hell but when used properly is safe. Youtube has some great tutorials. Don't blame me for getting the TAP Plastics jingle stuck in your head though!