Tri Star Recycling could use a little internet/VPN help

Tom Gralewicz

Aug 16, 2016, 2:53:15 PM8/16/16
to milwaukeemakerspace
Tri Star Recycing is the scrap yard that donated the pallet racking and has been supporting the space for years with donations of parts and equipment for everything from power wheels to building improvements - both the steel studs that went into the welding wall a few weeks ago and the corrigated aluminum wainscotting in the east and west rooms came from Tri Star.

They are using Quick Books and would like to to access their data base from both home and the office as well is allow their CPA to access it remotely.

So they need a VPN, but they know nothing about the internet.

I'm looking for a volunteer with some experience setting up a VPN for them, teaching them how to use it and likely answering questions about it in the future.

Any volunteers?

P.S.  The shop is in Oak Creek at 13th and Rawson and the home access is in New Berlin, about 125th and Grange.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

Keith McMillan

Aug 18, 2016, 9:02:56 AM8/18/16
to milwaukeemakerspace, m...@ieee.org
Tom, did you get anyone to help you with this? I have some ideas if you aren't already set.

Keith