Metal-working help

Ellen Fulton

Jun 12, 2017, 1:28:12 PM6/12/17
to Member List Makerspace
I have a portable movie screen that attaches to a light, aluminum frame. With the wind over the weekend, the screen was torqued and the aluminum tore where it attached to the base (see picture).

Is there someone who could help me mend the frame in whatever way might work? I'm not sure which would be the best way to approach -- weld/solder? reinforce with a plate of scrap? some other process? Any advice or offers to teach would be greatly appreciated (and/or compensated with beer or other preferred forms of thanks).

Thanks,
Ellen
Kor...@gmail.com

image1.JPG